• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP James Gandolfini

If I had to guess what got him...lifestyle. RIP to one of my favorite actors and the lead character of the best TV show of all time:

He was a great actor, but very hard to believe he was only 36 when they first started filming The Sopranos.

I've never seen an episode of the Sopranos. :couch: We didnt have HBO at home in HS and I never started watching while in college.

After recently re-watching the show (and frequently touting it as GOAT in the Writers Guild Top 100 thread), here are my votes for 10 best episodes:

10. Pine Barrens (dir. Steve Buscemi) - Season 3, Episode 11
9. Toodle Fucking-Oo (dir. Lee Tamahori) - Season 2, Episode 3
8. Made in America (dir. David Chase) - Season 6, Episode 21
7. Johnny Cakes (dir. Tim Van Patten) - Season 6, Episode 8
6. Mergers and Acquisitions (dir. Dan Attias) - Season 4, Episode 8
5. Commendatori (dir. Tim Van Patten) - Season 2, Episode 4
4. For All Debts Public and Private (dir. Allen Coulter) Season 4, Episode 1
3. The Happy Wanderer (dir. John Patterson) - Season 2, Episode 6
2. Cold Cuts (dir. Mike Figgis) - Season 5, Episode 10
1. Christopher (dir. Tim Van Patten) Season 3, Episode 4

Tony Soprano: I think it's time for you to start to seriously consider salads.
Bobby Baccilieri: What do you mean?
Tony Soprano: What do I mean? I mean get off my car before you flip it over, you fat fuck.

He was a great actor, but very hard to believe he was only 36 when they first started filming The Sopranos.

He looked old for 36.

Danny McBride of East Bound and Down, etc. is only 36 but looks 45. Rough life? Fat? McBride took classes at the W-S School of the Arts in the late 90's.

My friend just pointed out to me that Gandolfini died at the same film festival and in the same manner as Peter Brunette. Brunette was 15 years older.

He looked old for 36.

Danny McBride of East Bound and Down, etc. is only 36 but looks 45. Rough life? Fat? McBride took classes at the W-S School of the Arts in the late 90's.

He also hasn't been to the doctor in 15 years.

Tony Soprano: I think it's time for you to start to seriously consider salads.
Bobby Baccilieri: What do you mean?
Tony Soprano: What do I mean? I mean get off my car before you flip it over, you fat fuck.

Read some Sopranos trivia today. The actor Bobby Baccilieiri wore a fat suit for seasons 2 and 3.

His last meal with his 13 year old son:

pina colada and 2 shots of rum
another pina coloda and 2 shots of rum
2 beers
an order of prawns slathered in mayo
another order of prawns slathered in mayo
a "large order" of foie gras

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ic-eight-drinks-during-last-meal-report-says/

“I can confirm he has been known to blow lines and drink like an Irish sailor on weekend leave,” said another source.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...s-during-last-meal-report-says/#ixzz2WrDcizIN

Last edited:
I can totally see tony s. going out like that on the show

It’s the kind of thing chase would have done

Aj finds him on the bathroom floor

Art imitating life imitating art

It was interesting seeing his Inside the Actor's Studio about how much stuff from James's life made it on to the show.

His last meal with his 13 year old son:

pina colada and 2 shots of rum
another pina coloda and 2 shots of rum
2 beers
an order of prawns slathered in mayo
another order of prawns slathered in mayo
a "large order" of foie gras

That sounds like one hell of a lunch.

Back