• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Jerry Lewis

Dick Gregory, Jerry Lewis. Who's next?

RIP

Dick Gregory was the bigger loss this weekend. At least both lived long and pretty full lives.

Jerry Lewis was the head of the Muscular Dystrophy Association and started the telethons that have raised gobs of money for the cause. He was active up until the last few years. He will be missed greatly.

RIP

When I was a young kid, it wasn't Labor Day unless he was on 24 hrs straight.

Tremendous talent and made it to age of 91.

RIP Bro

I was working at Norman Stockton in the mall when I was at Wake. It was a Friday night I believe and there was banging on the back delivery door and I went to check it out. It was Jerry Lewis and his limo driver. Lewis was in a tuxedo and was on his way to the premier of that movie The Bedroom Window that was filmed in Winston. The premier was at that theater type place (I can't remember the name) downtown. Remember, Lewis married a woman from Winston and they had a house right next to Forsyth CC on Country Club. So he was in Winston a lot back then. Anyway, Lewis needed cuff links. I don't want to disparage a man after he passes with the details but let me just say that it was a really bad experience and I will never forget it. That was probably the first big celebrity I ever met and it really hurt my view of what famous people must be like in real life. We were all taken aback that night.

Back