• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Jonathan Demme

the scene with night vision goggles in Silence of the Lambs is my favorite scene in any movie

such a versatile, talented director

we were lucky to have him

Also did Philadelphia and helped make Tom Hanks. Sucks.

Tom Hanks was huge before Philadelphia and was doing Forest Gump as or before Philadelphia was released. Philadelphia was big.

Demme directed on of my favorite little silly films as well - Married to the Mob. He also loved to do documentaries.

Citizens Band aka Handle With Care and Melvin & Howard are 2 cult classics he directed early in his career

Tom Hanks was huge before Philadelphia and was doing Forest Gump as or before Philadelphia was released. Philadelphia was big.

Demme directed on of my favorite little silly films as well - Married to the Mob. He also loved to do documentaries.

Tom Hanks did Bachelor Party. That DIRECTLY led to his road to stardom.

He never would have gotten Bachelor Party if it hadn't been for Bosom Buddies !!

This is so sad. What a great director. Eye for talent. Huge for the women's movement. RIP my friend.

Back