• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJKarl Shitty Post Advisory Level (SPAL) - Current Level: [Guarded]

Reaction score
A recent surge in terrible posts from the boards user "RJKarl" requires a level-headed and comprehensive response if we are to continue to operate as a cohesive and friendly e-community. Concerned board citizens like the Board Legibility Committee (BLC) are committed to keeping the public informed so that necessary precautions can be taken quickly and efficiently. As a result, we have created the RJKarl Shitty Post Advisory Level (SPAL) in an effort to let posters who use the board's ignore feature know when they should block/unblock the content created by the user "RJKarl." The diagram is included below:

jEs8rKS.png

As you can see, there are five color-coded levels that correspond directly with the shittyness of the posts from user "RJKarl." A rationale for each stage is given and the BLC will determine whether or not the posting style of "RJKarl" demands a reevaluation of the current, determined stage. If such a change is necessary, the BLC (operating through the proxy of Mr. McLuhan) will create a post in this thread and update the thread title so that users can determine whether they feel safe enough to subject themselves from the posts of "RJKarl" through the use of the board's ignore feature.

The members of the BLC encourage community feedback, which can be directed to either the inbox of Mr. McLuhan or posted on this thread. We hope that the SPAL will give users a useful tool in the fight against board legibility offenders and those users who have made repeated, ban-worthy threats against others.

Last edited:
The current threat level is High. [As of 4/25]

Due to repeated attempts (across multiple threads) to deny their previous bans and one case of challenging multiple posters to a "ban bet," the current threat level is High.

The ban bet can be seen here: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...hread-see-ya?p=3489864&viewfull=1#post3489864

The BLC encourages posters to avoid the following threads, which are seeing high levels of illegible posts from "RJKarl"

Coronavirus: How's It Affecting Your Work/Income?
chat thread see ya
Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Last edited:
This is good.
I'm on the lookout for RJ's Guy.
Does anyone think he's got more than one Guy to send???

We (the collective body of the BLC) ask that the user "RJKarl" respect the sovereign authority of this thread and refrain from making jokes or attempting to derail this thread in any way.

We (the collective body of the BLC) ask that the user "RJKarl" respect the sovereign authority of this thread and refrain from making jokes or attempting to derail this thread in any way.

Oh, of course. I'm certain that he will abide by your request.

The boards are pretty damn unreadable on multiple threads. None of the rest of us care about RJ's arguments with the other posters, so for the sake of the rest of us, please stop posting about them. Or just ban people for a year, as a last warning, and if it continues after that just perma-ban it and be done with it.

Last edited:
I don't know why the mods just don't step in and confine RJ to his own Kanhoji or Keeper type-thread. I get that he has some defenders on here, but they all bitch about other posters when anybody engages with RJ anyway.

@cookout? @Irish? @LK?

I agree with Palma.
If he hadn't used profanity at me multiple times, I probably wouldn't have even paid him any attention.
I probably still shouldn't have.
"They go low, you go high" and all that palaver.

I typically like to mock RJ, as he is a blithering idiot, but he's obviously off his meds. If anyone here knows him in real life, or even knows of him, it's time to get him some help.

He is defending his honor on no less than 30 threads right now, trying to convince everyone that he had #scoop when all he had was an internet connection. Either prove definitively that you have scoop, either by posting support or by hitting us with another scoop, or quit worrying about it. No one cares.

My compliments to the color coding used for the various levels of RJ-ism. One of my pet peeves is when national/regional print and broadcast media will use 3-4 shades of the same color in its charts and graphs, making it hard to distinguish one from the other. The worst "offender" color is shades of orange.

Back