• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Wish I had been betting like I usually do, I would have had more than $5 WP on 30-1 Fire at Will. It got me ahead a bit. Lots of chalk for the rest of the day.

Looking at tomorrow, I'm not really in line with the experts. We shall see.

Saturday at the Breeders Cup often pays very, very well.

In the first race, a 3 yo sprinter, Nashville, broke the track record for 6F without exerting himself.

Missed the 2nd/3rd.

First BC Race coming up. Looks like Gamine should be even money. Should be very chalky with Serengeti Express or Speech for the exacta.

Suprised that exacta is paying $18 w/Gamine on top and $22 w/SE. I will play saver exactas with Speech...

Last edited:
The exacta got bombed at the end, but I'll $81 ($16.20 x 5).

That's two track records from the first four races.

My 12-1 ML horse in the Turf Sprint is now 9/2- #8 Oleksandra.

I like a 3/7/8 Exacta box...

Didn't do very well at the Breeders Cup. Lost about $200.

BUT I do have a way to the Deacs to the Dance. Now that we are doing cutouts, if we filled the Joel with 1000s of cutouts of ME, the opposition may get freaked out and be worried throughout the game that I jump out of the stands and get them.

RJ is coming for YOU!!!!

This could be an incredibly wild week in the NBA. Lots of big names have been mentioned. Several teams have indicated they would be willing to trade Top 10 picks.

A lot of times when there is this much talk nothing happens.

What do you think will happen to:

Warriors #2 pick
#1 pick
CP3
Horford
Tobias Harris
Westbrook
Holliday
Harden

Buddy Hield wants out of SacTown. He has been flirting with Sixers' fans. The Kings want to tank for the next year's draft.

The main rumor is Hield and Bjelica for Horford, Zhaire Smith, this year's #1, #34 pick and a future #2. If it took giving up another #1 in three years, I'd do it as that Sixers team wouldn't get much above #25 anyway. Allegedly the Kings would try to move Horford.

It looks like the Lakers will be sending Danny Green and a first round pick to OKC to rent Denis Schroeder for a year. Not sure how he'll like playing off the ball.

The reason the trade machine can't make it work is that it uses 19-20 numbers. When the 20-21 number are applied this trade could work:

Harden ($41.25M)
PJ Tucker ($7.97M)

For

DJ ($!0.375M)
Dinwiddie $(11.454M)
Lavert ($16,2M)
Prince ($12.5M)
(Brooklyn may have to cut a player or two or move Tucker immediately for second round picks which have no value)

Brooklyn would still have Jarrett Allen to play interior D. The question becomes how much the ownership is willing to pay in luxuty tax.

The question about this trade isn't can they make the money work. It's how would Kyrie and Harden share the ball. They both need it and demand it. Lyrie's lifelong selfishness would likely cause problems with this ever winning a championship.

He doesn't want to.

Here's a question- If Harden goes to the Nets, would the Sixers make a major play to get CP3? OKC clearly wants to rebuild as was shown by trading Schroeder.

If Aldridge will allow it, he could get stretched. Or maybe traded to GS with another player for Wiggins. Ws don't like his contract..How about Aldridge and Gay (Patty Mills) for Wiggins and #2?

This is going to be a crazy couple of weeks.

Yeah that #2 pick could be interesting.

At times Ball looks very advanced and so calm out there. He sees the whole court already.

Then Wiseman, but he could also bust. Then maybe Deni Avidja - like that dude.

I may be proven wrong, but I don't see Edwards as the #1 or even #5 pick. He needs to learn to shoot threes and at least try to play some D.

Here's a name not many are talking about but could change the balance of power - Serge Ibaka. If he's looking for a big payday, maybe a sign and trade to GS for Wiggins. I wouldn't be shocked if GS, Lakers, Heat, Nets and, now that CP3 has been traded, Phoenix make runs at him. he would really help any of those teams.

If CP3 can convince him to go to PHX, they would have a strong starting five of CP3, Booker, Ayton, Ibaka and Bridges. They would have Saric at 4/5, Cam Johnson at 2/3 coming off the bench and the #10 pick to get someone like Nesmith/Maxey/Achiuwa.

I think Isaiah Stewart is going to make someone in the bottom of the first round or top of the second very happy.

With CP3, Holiday and Schroder being traded, the mad trader, Daryl Morey, is on the close for the Sixers. I hope he doesn't go for Westbrook. I'm not sure who the Sixers would have to give to get into Harden sweepstakes.

Would still love to see them trade Horford, their 1st round pick and Richardson for the #2 pick and Wiggins. Then maybe do a sign and trade for Ibaka. Toronto might like to get a local hero back.

I doubt Houston will talk to Morey about trades.

The Blazers outright STOLE Covington from Houston. In addition to having possibly most team-friendly, non-rookie contract in the NBA, Covington is in his prime, an NBA defender (who can cover three positions) and shoots close to 40% on threes. To get him from a finished player, #16 in a mediocre (or worse) draft and probably a #18+ pick in another draft is an absolute theft.

If this what made Houston's new GM happy for one of the easiest players to trade, Rox fans need to be very, very frightened at what's about to happen.

This draft is looking weak, but there are a few underrated, potential steals:

Toppen is bouncy like Shawn Marion, only bigger; he's being compared to Amare Stoudemire, but he's sort of between Marion and Stoudemire in size
Avidja is not the next Luka, and he is a little bigger than Luka, but skilled and experienced - like him

One of these 3, maybe 2 of these 3 will make it, question is how do you know which PG to take:

Haliburton (isn't that a Dick Cheney reference)
Killian Hayes
Cole Anthony

One thing Anthony can do, which is SO valuable is shoot from very deep.

Back