• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Sorry, but three times in fifteen years is still not very good. If you are good enough to be an ACC coach, you could figure out a way to be better than Temple or Dayton for enough of the past fifteen years to make The Dance more than three times.

Lots of people here have posted how good a coach Mooney is. The reality is he is a middle-of-the-road coach in a mid-major conference.

It didn't even take a day for Kyrie to act like a diva. He handed our a printed statement rather than talking to the press as camp opens up for the Nets. If it's starting this way, it could be a wild season. Think of how many tantrums Kyrie will have if they get Harden.

:popcorn::popcorn:

The feed on Facebook has been going in and out.

CONGRATS BREWS & WIFE!!!

Sorry, but three times in fifteen years is still not very good. If you are good enough to be an ACC coach, you could figure out a way to be better than Temple or Dayton for enough of the past fifteen years to make The Dance more than three times.

Lots of people here have posted how good a coach Mooney is. The reality is he is a middle-of-the-road coach in a mid-major conference.

I'm not disagreeing about Mooney's record. He's been hampered by Shaka's turning VCU into the school to attend if you want to play basketball in Richmond. VCU and UofR are very different schools. Think of UofR as Wake with a lake and a river. They both even have an exclusive country club next door.

Here are a few thoughts about Dick Allen's death. The non-thinking, racist Phillies upper echelon sent the 21 yo Richie Allen, who had basically never been away from his small hometown, to integrate their AAA team in Arkansas at the height of racial unrest. As he has told he was sent there alone and was totally isolated. He mentioned how much fear he had and how this impacted his life. This made him much less trusting and defensive to others.

His talent was basically limitless. One of the wildest things for players of today is Allen used a 40-42 ounce bat. If bat speed creates more power, it would be staggering to think of what he could have done with today's 32-34 ounce bats.

He had a habit of writing notes in the dirt around first base. Allen didn't like Astroturf much saying he didn't like playing on anything his horses couldn't eat.

As a little kid, watching him play was magical. He's one of the biggest questions of what if about his career.

Last edited:
I doubt the Rox will trade Harden to the Sixers after Morey chose them over the Rox.

Theoretically, Morey says neither Simmons nor Embiid are not available to be traded. This leaves Tobias Harris at the top of the trade. To make the salaries work, the Sixers could include Shake Milton. Maxey, another player and probably two or three 1st round picks. In theory, first round picks are great "assets". However, how many teams do well picking #22-30?

I wonder if Milwaukee is going enter the sweepstakes. Middleton has a big contract. They could add two of the following three- DiVencenzo, Connaughton, or DJ Augustin and multiple 1st Round picks.

Miami doesn't have expensive enough assets to play here. But would love to find a way.

How about the Clippers sending PG and Pat Bev or Lou?

The Nets have the most to return. But are the Rox so pissed at Harden that they won't send him there?

The longer his antics continue may drive the price down for Harden. If my team had a realistic shot, I'd wait until after New Year's to make my first offer.

I know it's only pre-season, but I'm not sure I like Seth Curry as a starter. He doesn't seem quick enough or strong enough to start. Plus. the defense against him as 7th or 8th man would be weaker. He'll get more open looks. As a super-sub, he won't have to play a good guy on D as much and will have Dwight behind him to erase his mistakes (yes, Embiid is an excellent defender, but let's keep him out of foul trouble).

Embiid is in much better shape than usual. I hope him taking so many outside shots is more about being the first pre-season game than being Doc's offense. Sadly. it looks like the latter.

A starting five of Simmons, Embiid, Harris, Green and Thuybelle would probably be the best defensive starting team in the league. It will also have some shooting and the ability to get on the break.

I'm still at a loss why the Hornets did such a huge favor for the Celtics in making the FA signing of Hayward into a sign-and-trade and give the Celtics a $28M trade exception. What a moronic deal!

Losing Hayward does blow a big hole in the Celtics rotation. It's not as much having all three scorers on the court at the same time which created a lot of mismatches as it was they would almost always have two of the three on the court together.

Williams is starting to look like a player, but the Celtics still have a gaping hole in the middle.

Teague should give Kemba some rest and they can go small with them playing together.

I sure hope Chris Webber disappears in the fourth quarter as a commentator like he used to as a player.

I know this will backfire, but what the hell?

The more I think about Harden to the Sixers. The less I like it. He kills motion. If the Sixers have to trade Simmons, the team goes from a great defensive team to a mid-range defensive team. Harden's demands for no accountability on off days will impact other players.

Remember, the reason why Doc Rivers have a super team in Orlando with Tim, Grant Hill and T-Mac was that Doc refused to let Tim's gf come on the private jet with him. Harden won't stand not getting everything he wants.

Not sure if I should be happy or scared that Morey said he won't trade Simmons for Harden. I don't particularly like the idea of trading Simmons for Harden. It will destroy the D and am not sure how the rest of the team will like standing around watching Harden dribble.

Why am I scared? How many times have GMs in sports say, "X will not happen" only to have X happen quite soon thereafter.

Notre Dame HC Brian Kelly threatened the CFP Board that ND might boycott playing if players' families are barred from attending. I'm not sure if laughter from the board ended the call or not.

If he was serious, their response should be, "Fuck off. Someone will be happy to replace Notre Dame."

Last edited:
Notre Dame HC Brian Kelly threatened the CFP Board that ND might boycott playing if players' families are barred from attending. I'm not sure if laughter from the board ended the call or not.

If he was serious, their response should be, "Fuck off. Someone will be happy to replace Notre Dame."
Let them not be selected

Just when I was starting to think that Kelly had learned not to say stupid things.

What could possibly be his motivation? Even if you’re Notre Dame you only get so many bites at the apple. They have a really solid chance to win a national championship. Such a strange approach to take at this point in the year that has already been a completely strange year.

What could possibly be his motivation? Even if you’re Notre Dame you only get so many bites at the apple. They have a really solid chance to win a national championship. Such a strange approach to take at this point in the year that has already been a completely strange year.

Could be Kelly being Kelly. He has a point in this case. If other coaches from the top half dozen teams back him, something will happen. Most specifically, if St. Nick backs him.

Could be Kelly being Kelly. He has a point in this case. If other coaches from the top half dozen teams back him, something will happen. Most specifically, if St. Nick backs him.

True. But if they don't, he's sort of put himself out on an island and it's an empty threat that he won't follow through on.

It's not about the sick three point shooting for Zags which is unconscious in the first half. It's about their ball movement, boxing out and how many guys can do multiple things.

Suggs is out of his mind on threes, but that's not what really impresses me. He plays passing lanes extremely well. His head on a swivel and sees everything. He seems to have a sixth sense for rebounding and knowing when a PG should go for boards. With the ball, he can get to the rack at will and sets his team up.

As stellar as Cade Cunningham(reminds me of a pre-injury Shawn Livingston) is, I think Suggs may be better.

Back