• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Robbie K

DiegoTiger

Reaction score
Would RFK have been a great president, or the greatest?

Robert Kennedy Montgomery Knight?

bkf would say yes.

I'm more dubious. Robert always struck me as a very ambitious, but phony, a man who pretty much lacked scruples. Come to think of it, pretty much like the rest of the Kennedy males of his generation, and going back to their old man Joseph P.

Times were very different then. We didn't have many of the distractions students have today. No cell phones, no computers, very little money & very few cars. Very few students lived off campus. For example, I never had a car the entire four years I was at Wake. If I went home on a weekend (which was about 50 miles away)...and we also had Saturday AM classes much of the time...I usually "thumbed" unless a relative could come to the campus to pick me up. And thinking back on it, I'd bet that I almost never had more than $20 in my billfold...and most of the time a lot less than that. Of course, things were much cheaper. You could go to Staley's Open Hearth Restaurant on Reynolda and get a "Staley's Special"...a huge burger with fries (good food, not like the fast food junk) & a coke for about a dollar. Seems like guest tickets to the football games might have been something like four dollars.

I don't say this to try to give a lecture like the "I used to walk ten miles to school in the snow" bit. It's just that things were much, much different in those days....and it's perfectly understandable that later generations would have no way to relate to that.

Why should they be so intolerant?

bkf, you should favorite this vid and watch it when you have a chance. Very interesting documentary. I think there might be more to the assassination than is officially acknowledged.

BFK - for the most part I agree with your political posts... but it seems odd to me that you revere the man who was McCarthy's original hatchet man. Just sayin'.

bkf, this was an epilogue to that documentary, where they analyze a recording and count the number of gunshots. I don't find it entirely convincing, but I do have doubts concerning the official story.

Back