• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Robin Williams is dead

Sucks. He was a funny funny man.

Depression is a terrible disease. Wouldnt wish it on anyone

Unreal... Mork and Mindy, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poet's, etc. One could tell that he was on a manic ride, but you hate to see this happen to anyone. Heartbreaking.

When I first moved to CA, a friend was one of the MCs at The Comedy Store. He would call us some nights saying, "he's/they're coming". That meant either Robin Williams or Richard Pryor or both would be showing up to do sets late at night. It wasn't unusual to Sam Kinnison or Bobcat Goldthwaite and others to do some bits as well.

Williams would be uncontrollable and do 30-45 minutes sometimes.

This is heartbreaking. Like everyone else, Robin Williams has been a part of my life since childhood. I remember watching Mork and Mindy as a 9 year old and laughing uncontrollably at Robin Williams over the top randomness.

Heck, I still say Shozbot! in the office in order to avoid saying a NSFW curseword.

How incredibly sad.

When Jonathan Winters joined Mork and Mindy, very often only Pam Dawber had written lines. Winters and Williams would try to outdo each other and make each other laugh.

The directors knew it was increasingly useless to have a written script for them.

An amazingly funny man, yet his non-comedic roles are the ones I think of first. He was amazing in Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting.

Na noo na noo. RIP.

Back