• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rodney/Childress Era Basketball Shorts

DeacLaw05

Reaction score
http://www.retrocollegecuts.com/1992-1993-WAKE-FOREST-DEMON-DEACONS-p/1992-wake.htm

Want a way to remember when we were actually good at basketball? I saw these yesterday and couldn't recall seeing the link posted here before. I've already asked my wife for a pair as a Christmas present, as they are a reminder that a new coach and a couple of badass recruits can change the fortunes of a college basketball program pretty quickly...

1992-wake-2T.jpg

The mid-80s shorts with "Deacons" written down the side would be pretty awesome too. I'd buy a pair of Retire Meyer shorts...

Dont forget that those shorts will only cover 1/3 of your thigh ... those pre-date the long Fab Five shorts popularized later. While it was not an issue for most of us then, it might look down right unattractive now! :)

Dont forget that those shorts will only cover 1/3 of your thigh ... those pre-date the long Fab Five shorts popularized later. While it was not an issue for most of us then, it might look down right unattractive now! :)

They actually have a "modern" cut, so they aren't exact replicas (which I think we can all be grateful for).

Thanks and no thanks to you. Got me excited with the awesome link and shorts, then I see the $75 price tag. Haha, oh well. Still love em, wish they were cheaper.

Just last week my wife made the mistake of putting my 97-01' WF white/gold Nike shorts in the washer with some of her colors and they came out pink/purple. I'm just now starting to settle down about it. I don't suppose anybody that lives near W-S area, knows of any place that still might sell a pair?

Just last week my wife made the mistake of putting my 97-01' WF white/gold Nike shorts in the washer with some of her colors and they came out pink/purple. I'm just now starting to settle down about it. I don't suppose anybody that lives near W-S area, knows of any place that still might sell a pair?

no, but the elastic finally gave our on my black ones from this era. Luckily my wife is a frickin wizard when it comes to sewing, etc. so she's replacing it.

Still got my black ones as well. Still really pissed off about the white shorts. I got them as a Christmas present in 1998 and I haven't seen any for sale in any stores since.

The mid-80s shorts with "Deacons" written down the side would be pretty awesome too. I'd buy a pair of Retire Meyer shorts...

I found a pair at the Raleigh Sports Show at the State Fairgrounds last year- only they say "Wake" down the side. I plan to get them framed and hang them in my "Deacon Den".

Wanted to bring this back to the top, as I got a pair of these for Christmas, and they are completely awesome. I'm 6' tall, and a size large falls right at my knee. Good weight, comfortable, and from an era when we didn't suck. I'll wear them proudly.

Wanted to bring this back to the top, as I got a pair of these for Christmas, and they are completely awesome. I'm 6' tall, and a size large falls right at my knee. Good weight, comfortable, and from an era when we didn't suck. I'll wear them proudly.

Wife hooked me up with a pair. Assist to da boards for the idea.

Do you feel they look more maroon than a true black? Mine seem to.

Yea. I have some other jerseys like that. It's the way the light catches them. I think it's the hue that that fabric holds.

Wife hooked me up with a pair. Assist to da boards for the idea.

+1. When this board made this thread, I was looking at them and tried to show my wife and she said I was interrupting her show, but she remembered the website and ordered me a pair. I love them.

Back