• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of Ownership in Professional Sports

all these fucking ghouls have more money than they could ever spend in their lives. Spending an extra 0.1% of their wealth to actually try to have a winning team would be way more fun if they were actually capable of normal human emotion. But almost every single one is a fucking sociopath, so they don't.
I love my Mets and will acknowledge that Steve Cohen has done some very questionable things in his career, but I'm so happy that this is what he's doing with the team. I know it's the perfect storm of having the richest owner, by far, own his favorite team, but he's come out and said that he makes enough money at his day job and this is a passion project. Wish more owners took the same approach.

Ft1lq35XwAcxIJ9

I love my Mets and will acknowledge that Steve Cohen has done some very questionable things in his career, but I'm so happy that this is what he's doing with the team. I know it's the perfect storm of having the richest owner, by far, own his favorite team, but he's come out and said that he makes enough money at his day job and this is a passion project. Wish more owners took the same approach.
Largest fine in SEC history ⚖️ but also runs free veteran's clinics across the country

Largest fine in SEC history ⚖️ but also runs free veteran's clinics across the country

AJ Green got four games for selling his Independence Bowl jersey. Technically, it was an NCAA suspension, but he was an SEC player. Either four games was ridiculous for that, especially in light of how things are done today. How many games did Cohen get ? Don't you agree @NJDeac’22 ?

AJ Green got four games for selling his Independence Bowl jersey. Technically, it was an NCAA suspension, but he was an SEC player. Either four games was ridiculous for that, especially in light of how things are done today. How many games did Cohen get ? @NJDeac’22 ?
If we say that 1 game= 1 dollar, then he got a 1.8 billion game suspension.

Back