• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roll The Quad!!!

It would behoove the players to drop the us-versus-them mentality that Buzz imparted on them now.

Agreed, and I wont begrudge them if a lot of the current players want to choose coach over school and head elsewhere, but for the moment they should definitely quit with the class and respect shit, no one is buying it.

Agreed, and I wont begrudge them if a lot of the current players want to choose coach over school and head elsewhere, but for the moment they should definitely quit with the class and respect shit, no one is buying it.

But I do see that DV7 is doing his best to culture CJ Harris on the Twitter.

You got the Wellman/Bz thing figured out guys. You were right. No argument.

But you are not going to win the argument on Tree's comments. You just sound foolish.

Roll the Quad they should. This is the biggest victory Wake basketball has had in 4 years. Shit, go and storm the court at the Joel! Cut down the fucking nets!

Enough of the participant ribbon attitudes from the players and defending the past seasons. We get that you tried your best. We appreciate your commitment to the school you chose to go to. Facts must be faced. The Bzz era was an era of failure and not success. If you do not see that and admit to your own deficiencies then you are unwilling to take off the blinders. If you do not want to be part of a new era then transfer. Players will come and go after your careers are done and the program will move on.

Love the lectures we are giving the players. Might give them life lessons they will always remember.

You have to love how RW tried to shove his nonsense down the fanbase's (mostly adults) collective throats and then became frustrated that he couldn't control everyone's opinion of how Bzz was doing. And now to see how it wasn't just the adult portion of the fan base that was so incredibly frustrated , it was also the students which after hearing the news today erupted with the TP'ing of the quad. Those that think this display was about the firing of the coach have an extremely simple-minded understanding of this reaction. It really isn't about someone losing their job and the excitement over that , it is about the pent up frustration over having to deal with 4 years of living with a horrible decision which was white washed again and again with no apparent plan to at some point deal with the situation in an honest and forthright way. Once the correct decision was made the reaction was understandable.

Kenny Beck on the local news actually got RW after the presser and showed him a picture of the quad. He managed to play it off really well relative to his level of competence. Something along the lines of "we will see that passion in the Joel next year"

I still can't believe this happened. Thought this would be only a pipe dream.

Glad to know there's a significant percentage of students who aren't Ty Kraniaks and understand what Wake Forest basketball is supposed to be.

Our own "dalbertthekid" agreed with Tree, as well.

You're right, I do. Thanks for the shout out. The coaching change was obviously necessary. But the fact that "we" rolled the quad as a tribute to Skip after he died and then rolled it today doesn't sit well.

You're right, I do. Thanks for the shout out. The coaching change was obviously necessary. But the fact that "we" rolled the quad as a tribute to Skip after he died and then rolled it today doesn't sit well.

Gotta say, of all the places I thought you'd take that, Skip's death wasn't one of them. Wow.

It's about getting 4 years of frustration out and having hope. Anything more is overthinking it. Just like convos about rushing the floor.

I don't really care either way about rolling the quad today but one could make the argument (and some have) that rolling the quad today was out of respect for what Wake basketball was before [Redacted] and that the removal of [Redacted] was a step forward in regaining national prominence.

Respect for our team, not who we beat, you dumb shit

I'm the dumb shit? I never rolled the quad out of respect for our team either, and I graduated in '98 - so I had a lot of opportunities to roll the Quad.

We roll the Quad because something good happened, because we want to celebrate a victory.

Today, something good happened for our school. The kids rolled the Quad. It happens. Get over it.

Dumb shit.

Back