• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney at ford Field- trees, Cadillacs and empty seats

His followers will love him for it.

It really is pathetic that the GOP can't come up with stronger candidates than these two. Lunatic right wing fringe candidates won't defeat Obama in the general election. Romney should be running away with this primary.

Well unlike Obama supporters Romneys supporters probably have jobs and don't have time for this.

From Obama's kick off rally

But the event fell short of the 20,000 supporters the campaign had forecast as organizers moved people from seats to the arena floor in front of the dais to project fullness to television audiences. Obama volunteers had worked feverishly over the last week to gin up a crowd, making multiple calls to residents believed to be supportive of the president.

Twitter was abuzz with photos and comments about vast areas of empty seats in the arena’s upper deck.

Noting that the Obama campaign had predicted an "overflow crowd," Williams said, "This arena was not full so the president failed to meet the bar his campaign set."

obamafail.png

Thoughts rj?

Still ten times as many people as Romney had in his home state and the state where his dad is a legend.

Skins, I don't know whether to neg rep you for this or Tennessee huggin' thread. Horribly partisan and ridiculous.

Romney should spank Obama, but there's that pesky problem of a crappy campaign team and a weak candidate. They're never going to beat Obama at drawing crowds, so why even bring it up?!? Makes them look petty and amateurish. 95% of GOP voters in Iowa (her alleged home state) voted for somebody other than Bachmann. Why bring her to Virginia, a must have swing state for Romney? She can't move the needle there. If Mitt so desperately needed Bachmann's endorsement, why not appear with her in a state that's a GOP slam dunk? Can't wait for Mitt to roll out endorsements from Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman in Florida...

Like I said before, nominating Romney is the political equivalent to throwing in the towel. The Pubs are sunk this year in the presidential race.

The fact that Republicans will still send in 95% of their votes to the GOP in the general election, even with Romney, is so frustrating. Romney is the last person I would like in office other than Santorum.

The fact that Republicans will still send in 95% of their votes to the GOP in the general election, even with Romney, is so frustrating. Romney is the last person I would like in office other than Santorum.

That's the part that cracks me up about Santorum playing coy about an endorsement. 98% of Santorum's primary voters will vote for Mitt over Obama. Frothy still thinks he has some leverage and can get a sweet ass exchange rate for confederate dollars in 1867.

Romney had better hope & pray that nobody asks him the dreaded "John McCain" question, either. I guarantee you he would have trouble with that one.

(You remember that question, don't you? "How many homes do you own?")

What the hell does that have to do with anything...let alone this thread?

Needless to say skins photo would seem to indicate that voter enthusiasm isn't real high for O, at least right now...still a long way to go til November though...

Needless to say skins photo would seem to indicate that voter enthusiasm isn't real high for O, at least right now...still a long way to go til November though...

14,000 versus Romney getting 1200 at Ford Field and his best crowd being 3000.

Who is in more trouble?

What the hell does that have to do with anything...let alone this thread?

I would have respected Romney more if he embraced his wealth, explained how he made it, and argued that he was going to bring business principles which he's acquired to the national level, while ignoring social issues for the most part (since he's either doesn't believe what he's saying now, or doesn't believe what he said in Mass). I'd still disagree with some policy positions undoubtedly, but a Romney who said "I have x number of houses, and I've been able to live the life I've had because of my business acumen, which is what this country needs right now" would at least be consistent.

Unfortunately you have to pay lip service to the religious right to make your way through the GOP primary now. Never thought I'd pine for the country club crowd to seize control of the party again.

Back