• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ROMO gets huge contract

CarlSpackler88

The Pumpfaker
Reaction score
Why? Is Jerrah losing it? Cowboi fans can't be happy with this can they? And I thought the Iggles and the Racist Redskins have made some dumb moves in their recent history. This one may have trumped them all.

NFL's Wellman

Romo has never been the problem for the Cowboys. I'd kill for my Chiefs to have him.

----------
Tapatalk.

Romo has never been the problem for the Cowboys. I'd kill for my Chiefs to have him.

----------
Tapatalk.

I tend to agree...I don't think Romo is THE problem. But I don't think he is THE answer either.

Never been the problem???

Remind the one constant in all the Cowboys failures of the past 7-9 years? Tony Romo is the QB.

My bad it's never his fault.

Romo has been given WAY too much blame for their failures during his tenure. Again, I don't think he is the one to lead them to the promised land but he has not been their main problem for the years he has been their QB.

He's been the starting QB for six seasons. He's made the playoffs three times and is 1-3 in the playoffs.

He isn't any good and he chokes in big games.

He got market for a QB. The Cowboys needed cap room and Romo cashed in at the right time

Never been the problem???

Remind the one constant in all the Cowboys failures of the past 7-9 years? Tony Romo is the QB.

My bad it's never his fault.

And Jerry Jones is the asshat in charge of surrounding him with a team. They never have much of a defense, and their running game has only been good the last couple years, and only when Murray is healthy. Romo has had weapons to throw to, but so does any other QB who puts up good numbers. Romo isn't frigging Joe Montana, but he's a top tier QB in a QB friendly league.

That having been said, I think his best years are behind him. He hasn't started his decline yet, but will in the next few years.

He got market for a superstar QB. He's at best a journeyman.

He got market for a superstar QB. He's at best a journeyman.

He's been with one team his entire career. Hardly a journeyman.

Look, I realize that Cowboys hate is strong, particularly in Philly, but let's not be anymore delusional than you already are, RJ.

It should be noted that despite me living in Dallas, I have no love for the Cowgirls.

You can be a journeyman and play with the same team for a long career. The term is about talent not travel.

He's all hype. In his three playoff losses he passed for 168, 154 and 182. In this era that's pretty bad.

He always has an excuse and a defender.

He seems like a nice guy. He just isn't better than a C/C- QB.

A lot of Cowboy fans down here are fed up with Jerry and Romo. As a Steelers fan I really don't care, but I understand their frustration. At least we have hope that one day Wellman and bff will be gone, Jerry is here until they carry him out feet first.

A lot of Cowboy fans down here are fed up with Jerry and Romo. As a Steelers fan I really don't care, but I understand their frustration. At least we have hope that one day Wellman and bff will be gone, Jerry is here until they carry him out feet first.
And then his right hand kid Stephen Jones takes over.

Back