• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romo

It was a pretty good throw. The throw wasn't the mistake. Not dumping it to a wide open Demarco Murray for an easy 10 yard plus gain was te mistake

hard to believe he's been in the league since 03

His interception wasn't even a bad throw. Great read by the DB who still had to make a helluva dive and catch to snag it. Peyton's INT was worse, but he won the game, so...

Honestly, if you put up 48 points, you shouldn't have to be throwing the ball still. The loss is 100% on the Cowboys defense, or lack thereof.

I have been a Cowboys fan going back to the days of Roger Staubach and the defenses have usually always been stout. I know we were playing a Peyton Manning team, but to give up 48 is ridiculous. Romo catches a lot of deserved crap, but this one is certainly not on him.

His interception wasn't even a bad throw. Great read by the DB who still had to make a helluva dive and catch to snag it. Peyton's INT was worse, but he won the game, so...

Honestly, if you put up 48 points, you shouldn't have to be throwing the ball still. The loss is 100% on the Cowboys defense, or lack thereof.

Don't know how you can say that. The throw was behind and got picked off. If Romo had led him more, the other DB would have probably picked it off. There were three defenders in the immediate area. Romo forced it.

Romo's interception was worse than Peyton's, as Romo threw his in his own territory late in fourth quarter. Definitely worse, and that is why this thread was about choking.

Agree that Romo and the offense played well enough to beat pretty much anybody else other than Peyton and the Broncos.

Romo is and will always be a choker. I've said it before his eyes are way too close together to be a successful NFL quarterback. Take a look at some pics of the dude. It's amazing that he's made it this far in his life.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on the subject:

TonyRomoInterestingMan.jpg

Here is the great Eli Manning's stat line for this season:

YDS CMP% TD INT RAT
1482 53.7 8 12 65.8

google romo chokes again

It's just not me

there must be 30 sports stories on it

Not surprised Moonz wouldn't realize his favorite franchise is in decline.

Not surprised Moonz wouldn't realize his favorite franchise is in decline.

My favorite franchise is probably The New York Rangers. Of course, the Giants are in decline, but I have 4 Super Bowls to look back to (and one I'd rather forget). So who cares.

Don't know how you can say that. The throw was behind and got picked off. If Romo had led him more, the other DB would have probably picked it off. There were three defenders in the immediate area. Romo forced it.

Romo's interception was worse than Peyton's, as Romo threw his in his own territory late in fourth quarter. Definitely worse, and that is why this thread was about choking.

Agree that Romo and the offense played well enough to beat pretty much anybody else other than Peyton and the Broncos.

It is a worse INT because of the difference of about 30 yards of field position, but Peyton's throw was worse. Peyton threw a dying duck down the field. Romo's guy was open and his throw was altered when his lineman stepped into him at the last second. He made the decision to throw and bumped his lineman's foot and had to readjust so he didn't have the accuracy or oomph behind it (watch the replay on NFL.com). Now one can argue that he shouldn't have made that throw once he had to adjust, but that's a very tough decision to switch at that point.

That first pass to Tyree is flat out bullshit. The one to Manningham was a great throw.

That first pass to Tyree is flat out bullshit. The one to Manningham was a great throw.

flat out bullshit that he avoided the sack?

that is what is so great about the play. sure it was a hail mary chuck, but he sure had his wits about him when he threw it.

Back