• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman and the Attendance Claim

AlphaDeac

Reaction score
In the presser, Wellman said Wake was 4th in the ACC in attendance. Surely he was talking about home attendance.

The ACC official site (link below) has the stats available on each team's page.

Here are the averages according to conference data ...

Syracuse - 26253
UNC - 18025
NC State - 12641
Maryland - 12557
UVa - 11684
Pitt - 11004
Duke - 9314
Wake - 9000

Maybe he meant 4th in North Carolina???

http://www.theacc.com/#!/stats?sport=m-baskbl

In the presser, Wellman said Wake was 4th in the ACC in attendance. Surely he was talking about home attendance.

Syracuse - 26253
UNC - 18025
NC State - 12641
Maryland - 12557
UVa - 11684
Pitt - 11004
Duke - 9314
Wake - 9000

Easy to see how we could have been 4th last year, maybe that's what he was thinking? For shame not checking the numbers. And that's a multi thousand drop since Dino's last year.

pretty sure he said he was referring to last year's numbers, didn't have this year's "on hand"

Syracuse - 26253
UNC - 18025
NC State - 12641
Maryland - 12557
UVa - 11684
Pitt - 11004
Duke - 9314
Wake - 9000

9000? LMAO - Nooooooooo fucking way did we get 9000 per game

I think he said (or meant) last year.

That doesn't excuse the fact that he's intentionally manipulating data and estimating numbers.

These obviously have zilch to do with a turnstile which is contrary to what he claimed (per the press conference thread anyway). They are tickets sold. And, yes, they can be spun as a positive regarding the support the program has. The butts in the seats, however, speak to the support Jeff [Redacted] had. And there weren't 9k butts in those seats.

These obviously have zilch to do with a turnstile which is contrary to what he claimed (per the press conference thread anyway). They are tickets sold. And, yes, they can be spun as a positive regarding the support the program has. The butts in the seats, however, speak to the support Jeff [Redacted] had. And there weren't 9k butts in those seats.

I don't think they have much to do with turnstiles or tickets sold. The NCAA says schools can simply provide estimates. And I suspect that's what Wake has been doing, providing very favorable guesstimates. Years ago someone posted they were with someone in charge of coming up with the attendance and the person simply scanned the crowd and came up with a number.

pretty sure he said he was referring to last year's numbers, didn't have this year's "on hand"

My apologies. I did not realize he was talking about the prior season. It was convenient that he did not have current numbers available.

LAST year's numbers were complete bullshit.

Lying spin from Premier Wellman. If you had eyes, you saw a lot of empty seats in the lowers and the upper not close to full for UNC and Duke games.

We weren't 4th in shit.

I would love to know whose job it is in the AD to come up with "spin worthy" numbers for Wellman

Who was the fucking asshole poster that tried to defend these numbers? NGAReps new name on here?

Back