• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roof collapses at Southpark Mall in Charlotte from heavy rains....

waketastic

Reaction score
I sure would hate to be the insurance company on that one. They're going to be writing some big checks!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/20/3395149/southpark-mall-roof-collapses.html

896-1g8zM0.Em.6.jpeg

That's a newer part of the mall. I would guess the contractors are going to be sued.

But is Forever 21 ok?

"Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish."

Fuck Southpark...

Was miserable getting home last night. My office is close by, on the other side of Fairview. A car in our lower lot was about an inch from being flooded (A friend gave me a ride across the lot so I could get to my car). A car on Morrison was stalled in the water, holding up traffic. That water was deep enough in that spot that I had to turn around. Took 45 minutes to get home 4 miles away.

Architect's fault.

Maybe, but it's not that hard to design a basically flat roof. The engineers should have corrected it if it wa a bad design. The MO is to sue everybody, including the maunfacturer of the building materials, and let them all defend themselves.

Maybe, but it's not that hard to design a basically flat roof. The engineers should have corrected it if it wa a bad design. The MO is to sue everybody, including the maunfacturer of the building materials, and let them all defend themselves.

I'm aware.

Was miserable getting home last night. My office is close by, on the other side of Fairview. A car in our lower lot was about an inch from being flooded (A friend gave me a ride across the lot so I could get to my car). A car on Morrison was stalled in the water, holding up traffic. That water was deep enough in that spot that I had to turn around. Took 45 minutes to get home 4 miles away.

thats ATL traffic every night.

when it was old school southpark you used to be able to see all the huge green air and water pipes in that room in the parking garage. my dad told us that was a machine that turned bad little kids into frogs.

Back