• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roomba : Feds up, who has one

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I have to admit, I was was skeptical as hell and all I could think of was the the SNL commercial, but little thing does an awesome job. Kicks in every night at 12:00 and instead of watching tv with a buzz I just watch it drive in circles waiting for it to get stuck.

Honestly it is a great vacum system. We only vacuum the house manually about every other week now when it was a daily job with two dogs.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I was was skeptical as hell and all I could think of was the the SNL commercial, but little thing foes an awesome job. Kicks in every night at 12:00 and instead of watching tv with a buzz I just watch it drive in circles waiting for it to get stuck.

Honestly it is a great vacum system. We only vacuum the house manually about every other week now when it was a daily job with two dogs. I

all carpet or hardwood and tile as well?

We have one and it's pretty good, but it tends to create buildups of dust when it goes from hardwood onto a rug. Not perfect, but definitely helps reduce the amount of regular vacuuming.

Captain, we have all three and it does a great job on all of them. As mentioned it is not perfect, and we do pull out the upright every so often but it certainly keeps things at Bay with zero effort. We have it programmed to come on at midnight, and it works until it detects the floor is clean. If it needs charging it can find the charging station on it’s own and then go back out and finish the job. If the floor is filthy it will get full and turn itself off, so the first couple times you have to dump the tray before it will finish an entire floor. We do have it do the kitchen when we are not home because traveling over the tile floor (deep grout) it makes a lot of noise and can wake you up with the bump, bump, bump.

If interested I bought the one at Costco. The model # is specifically for them, but after reading reviews I saw one from a woman that had the 365 model and the 800 series and she said if you have dogs the 365 was actually a better piece of equipment.

i was considering getting one to try to keep up with dog hair.

cool, thanks. we have basically all hardwood on our 'main' floor. i might get one if that's the case b/c right now all we have is an upright and it's pretty annoying so i let things go b/c i hate using it regularly.

I have a maid. She's better than a roomba. Cleans the toilets too.

the first time we tried that the woman used some kind of abrasive on our stove top and my wife fucking flipped her shit, but it was nice to come to that one time

We have two boxers, the old one (my profile pic) shed very little, the new male sheds 5x what she does), I am not sure how a roomba would keep up with a golden or a black lab so you may want to ready some reviews if you have a dog with really long hair.

I have a maid. She's better than a roomba. Cleans the toilets too.

+1. Our maid cleans once a week but most civilized peep here in ole meehico have a live in maid that stays at their house m-f and goes home on the weekends. Couldn't get used to that and don't have enough stuff to clean to justify it. Considered doing it as a nanny type thing but decided it would be better to socialize the boy with the locals. Most houses have maids quarters so the extra rooms are nice for guests

+1. Our maid cleans once a week but most civilized peep here in ole meehico have a live in maid that stays at their house m-f and goes home on the weekends. Couldn't get used to that and don't have enough stuff to clean to justify it. Most houses have maids quarters so the extra rooms are nice for guests

What nationality are maids in Mexico?

bbs05e0213.gif

some are mexican are lot are from honduras and the other gang infested places that have run everyone out. there is a surprisingly large population of peep that look chinese but are actually mexican but their antcestors were from China but most all of them are fairly wealthy. I was talking to one dude and I asked where he was from and he said I'm mexican and I about fell out of my chair I thought he was kidding and I said what and he was dead serious but now I'm more educated on the subject

I used to live in a highrise condo, about 1000sqft, all hardwoods. Got one as a gift, set that fucker to clean around noon everyday, did a great job went under the beds etc, and then went back and charged itself.

The battery failed and wouldnt re-charge after about 2 years. I just threw it away. I cant imagine it doing decent work in a real house with different surfaces or dogs or kids or whatever though.

Back