• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ruku ??

Got an older version; use it all the time; experience has been positive; and you can't beat it for the price. Use for most of my streaming even though I've also got a PC dedicated to the TV on which I run xbmc. Just simpler to use the Roku menu than browse web sites or xbmc add-ons. One negative is Roku doesn't have channels for some popular streaming sources such as YouTube. Not an Apple guy, so I don't know if/how it works with Apple content, and I've never tried to use it to stream locally stored media.

Thanks. So you pay a one time fee for the device. Then you pay/subscribe to the different channels? Is that correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks. So you pay a one time fee for the device. Then you pay/subscribe to the different channels? Is that correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yea. I have had one for about a year and I like it a lot.

Have had a couple of different models but they all do pretty much the same thing unless you want Angry Birds, etc. The Roku 3 is supposed to be pretty impressive though I don't know too much about it.

Back