• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: Buzz won't be fired because he submitted his resignation

Dear Ron,

In your absence, we, the alumni and fans of Wake Forest University, accept the long overdue resignation of Jeff [Redacted]. Please don't feel any need to return from Indianapolis. Just stay there, the longer the better. And please remember, everything that we are doing is in the long term interest of the Wake Forest basketball program.

Good bye and good luck,

Alumni and Fans of Wake Forest University

Dear Ron,

In your absence, we, the alumni and fans of Wake Forest University, accept the long overdue resignation of Jeff [Redacted]. Please don't feel any need to return from Indianapolis. Just stay there, the longer the better. And please remember, everything that we are doing is in the long term interest of the Wake Forest basketball program.

Good bye and good luck,

+1

Dear Ron,

Good bye and good luck,

I triple-dog dare you to fire that off to: wellmanr@wfu.edu

he shouldn't be allowed to resign or even "resign." his ass should be unceremoniously shit canned.

Ron: "We have decided that [Redacted] will have to be resigned."

Ron: "Oh my god I meant re-signed, not that he will resign. Oh Heavens no! We love [Redacted]"

resignation tendered a couple weeks ago after a certain loss. was asked to finish the last couple games of season.

Technicalities I am sure. [Redacted] was fired. Just like Grobe was fired.

Do you believe your 3rd hand info?

I believe the person who told me has reported what he heard accurately. I have no idea if his source is as well connected as he claims. I think resignation is a good strategy, even if it is just pretty face on being fired. With a "resignation", I am sure that Wake can better structure the timing of any remaining payments to hire better. Maybe it means Bzz gets more of his final year of salary, but is that is amortized over a longer period that gives an extra degree of freedom in hiring now.

resignation tendered a couple weeks ago after a certain loss. was asked to finish the last couple games of season.

Yeah. I heard something similar. I predicted he would be gone prior to ACC Tourny.

#scoop

Goes along with the CBI talk, let him coach in it to get him out the door. All the coaches we want first are tied up and we don't want to interfere as long as their teams are still playing.

Let's go medieval on him. Disemboweled and quartered, with body parts on each corner of the quad.

Back