• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

Redwing and Gouda

Alex Lifeson – You are Alex Lifeson, criminally underrated guitarist of Rush and star of the television series Trailer Park Boys. Always on the lookout for happenings that may negatively influence the band you love, you are the 3n-1 watcher. On any night where the night number is 3n-1 (2, 5, 8, etc.), you may watch one target and learn who visited your target that night.
Fun Fact: One evening, Alex ate $30,000 worth of cheese. No, I don’t know the quantity of cheese.
You win with Rush (town).
Safe Claim – Vapor Trails
Neil Peart – You are Neil Peart, the greatest rock drummer of all-time. You’re dead, and that really stinks. But this is a game, so for game purposes, you are alive. For flavor purposes, you will serve as the game’s angel. Each night, you may select a target for protection. If that target is selected to be killed, you will prevent the kill. Note: Your protection will fail if the target is the victim of a strong man kill.
Fun Fact: After Neil’s wife and daughter died in a car accident (not fun), he took a motorcycle trip across Africa.
Safe Claim – Exit… Stage Left

JMan

Snakes and Arrows – You are Rush’s 00s return to a harder sound, Snakes and Arrows. The liner art for Snakes and Arrows contains a baby carriage acting as a lightning rod. On your album’s day, if you are successful in claiming your power, you will be awarded with a 1-shot lightning rod. Any night afterwards, you may choose to use your power and draw ALL hits to yourself.
Note: as you change the target of a hit, a strongman hit will target you and not the intended target. The unfortunate result of this action is you die. You weren’t really my favorite album anyway.

Nice job Gouda. Obviously I saw you on N2.

Yeah you did a great job of keeping me alive in a couple situations without making it at all obvious. We didn't have to ever successfully watch or protect anyone, lol

The logic for eagles' lynch was ABYSMAL and the people who participated in it should be ashamed of themselves. We had people seriously advocating that the correct decision in a closed game is to hit eagles with a strongman on N1. AND SOMEHOW THIS IS A THING THAT EVERYONE NODDED AND ACCEPTS

SD3

Grace Under Pressure – You are the 80s album Grace Under Pressure, that album that ushered in the overuse of synthesizers, synthesizers, synthesizers. Despite the synthesizers, this album is full of gems, including The Body Electric. Like Unit One from the mentioned song, you can unload your memory banks to communicate from beyond the dead.
On your album’s day, if you are successful in claiming your power, you will be awarded with the ability to communicate from the dead. After claiming your power, on the day following your death, you may send a message of ten (10) words or fewer to any living player. The message will not list the source.
Note: Upon your death, your role will be largely redacted.

Nonny

Presto – You are the album Presto, known for its lack of synthesizers, compared to the previous few albums. Like the album’s song Scars, you are covered in scars and can see the scars of others.
On your album’s day, if you are successful in claiming your power, you will be awarded with the ability to reveal the number of night actions a player has cumulatively performed. The night after acquiring your power, you may submit a player name to receive this count.
Note: You may only claim one (1) copy of your power.

Mako

Power Windows – You are the album Power Windows. There are many songs on this album I enjoy, but the one from which you derive your powers is The Manhattan Project, which details the development of the nuclear bomb. Like the creators of the atom bomb, you can gift the game with a weapon.
On your album’s day, if you are successful in claiming your power, you will be awarded with the ability to create a weapon. In this case, the weapon is a gun which you may gift to another player any night after acquiring your power. This gift allows the targeted player to perform a night hit.
Note: If you’re doing research for your role, I recommend the track Territories for the great bass work.

Kill this.

3rd, Townie was this guy. Mafia.

Permanent Waves – You are the album Permanent Waves, and being regarded as Moving Picture’s little brother has finally broken you. You’ve joined the anti-Rush forces to end the band’s existence.

If you are successful in claiming your power, you will be awarded with the ability to remove the Freewill from another player with one (1) role-block. Any night after claiming your power, you may use your role-block to prevent a target player from taking any actions.

You win with Anti-Rush (mafia).

this was why i kept getting my album mixed up btw numbers

Nonny was my civ MVP fwiw. His ISOs were really revealing.

Yeah you did a great job of keeping me alive in a couple situations without making it at all obvious. We didn't have to ever successfully watch or protect anyone, lol

fuck you for not protecting me.

No lie, probably the best modding job since god knows when. Flawless.

Thanks. Townie's mixup was originally my fault. In his PM, I made the mistake once. We talked about it pre-game, but I'm sure it was confusing.

GoalieMom is a lot of our success. I hope she learned a lot and had fun.

Civs as a whole played maybe their best game since we restarted IMO

Yeah I had to go back and check who I was multiple times, also thought the "safe claim - exit, stage left" meant that I didn't get a safe claim and just died

Back