• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

Oh yeah Orlando sucked. Most Florida cities suck IMO. Great weather but the layout of the cities and the vibe...not for me.

Is there a single good city in FL? Is the best option really Gainesville or something? What a poverty selection from one of the biggest states in America

Yeah I’m not someone who hates Winston or smaller cities but even accounting for the size of Greensboro I find it’s awful.

Is there a single good city in FL? Is the best option really Gainesville or something? What a poverty selection from one of the biggest states in America

Tampa/Clearwater is ok. I went to Gainesville when there weren’t students and it was fine but you could tell it’s a nightmare when classes are in session.

LA also rules if you don’t like it you don’t know how to enjoy yourself

Yeah I’m not someone who hates Winston or smaller cities but even accounting for the size of Greensboro I find it’s awful.

Winston is at least trying and it’s centralized. Greensboro is a hundred square miles of furniture stores and strip malls.

Winston is at least trying and it’s centralized. Greensboro is a hundred square miles of furniture stores and strip malls.

The last few times I’ve been back to Winston to visit friends or my mom I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the upgrades they’ve made downtown.

Tampa/Clearwater is ok. I went to Gainesville when there weren’t students and it was fine but you could tell it’s a nightmare when classes are in session.

I used to go to Tampa for work once every 2-3 months. It's not for me. Maybe I wasn't going to the right places. Idk. I enjoyed Gainesville, but was also only there for like a day or 2.

LA also rules if you don’t like it you don’t know how to enjoy yourself

Top 5 west coast cities are clearly superior to the top 5 from the rest of the country combined. LA, SF, Portland, Seattle, and San Diego. GG, everyone else.

Are you still in Winston JMan? You’re a chef right?

Yea, and yea/no, I was a sous at my last place but took a demotion with a pay raise to move to the Kimpton. I’m just a line cook for now but two of my supervisors/chefs got laid off permanently when Covid closed our dining room so hopefully I can slide right in when we reopen.

There are towns on some of these city lists and lol @hating nyc

Yea, and yea/no, I was a sous at my last place but took a demotion with a pay raise to move to the Kimpton. I’m just a line cook for now but two of my supervisors/chefs got laid off permanently when Covid closed our dining room so hopefully I can slide right in when we reopen.

Damn sorry man I know how the virus has been brutal all around. Hope you are able to land on your feet the next few months

Top 5 west coast cities are clearly superior to the top 5 from the rest of the country combined. LA, SF, Portland, Seattle, and San Diego. GG, everyone else.

Probably agree but for shits

NY
New Orleans
Austin
Miami
5 spot is a wild card like Asheville or Portland, ME or Charleston or Savannah or something

I also have had lots of fun in Chicago but it’s disqualified because of being uninhabitable for like 330 days a year

Damn sorry man I know how the virus has been brutal all around. Hope you are able to land on your feet the next few months

Thanks, it sucks but it’s been better than I expected it to be. The company paid our insurance through May so as long as I’m back at some point in June we shouldn’t be badly affected. I think my wife hates it more than I do. She’s used to having the house to herself from 2-midnight every day.

I also have had lots of fun in Chicago but it’s disqualified because of being uninhabitable for like 330 days a year

I feel the same way about NY. It’s miserable outside of brief windows in fall and spring.

Probably agree but for shits

NY
New Orleans
Austin
Miami
5 spot is a wild card like Asheville or Portland, ME or Charleston or Savannah or something

I like New Orleans a lot, but how are we scoring this? Best trips or best places to live? NOLA is an elite place to visit and I would not want to live there.

Back