• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rusty LaRue [Cool/Heroic]

Randolph just wasn't big enough to play in the NBA. He struggled with a shoulder injury for the first couple of years and just didn't get a foothold in the league. But, when he went to Europe, he was able to dominate and had a nice career over there.

I look forward to seeing what he and Rusty will do with the current program. I'd like to see Randolph more in a coaching role and maybe see what Rusty can do running the show (as interim head coach if Buzz gets fired).

Randolph just wasn't big enough to play in the NBA. He struggled with a shoulder injury for the first couple of years and just didn't get a foothold in the league. But, when he went to Europe, he was able to dominate and had a nice career over there.

I look forward to seeing what he and Rusty will do with the current program. I'd like to see Randolph more in a coaching role and maybe see what Rusty can do running the show (as interim head coach if Buzz gets fired).

If you think Bzz lacks a head coaching resume, then take a gander at Rusty. Couldn't win at the lowest level at a private HS in Winston, couldn't win at an AAU program that he bankrolled, and couldn't win as a HC at DIII Greensboro College... Don't forget that he was on the staff this and last year.

I'd never knock Rusty as a player, but he's anything but proven as a coach or as a recruiter. Don't get too excited...

If you think Bzz lacks a head coaching resume, then take a gander at Rusty. Couldn't win at the lowest level at a private HS in Winston, couldn't win at an AAU program that he bankrolled, and couldn't win as a HC at DIII Greensboro College... Don't forget that he was on the staff this and last year.

I'd never knock Rusty as a player, but he's anything but proven as a coach or as a recruiter. Don't get too excited...

that's why I said "interim". Give him a shot when we're transitioning to a new system. I know it is wishful thinking- I always thought he would make a good coach.

Would be completely insane to give Rusty a shot at our HC position. He would be much better suited getting a job in the Atlantic Sun or OVC and learning how to be a head coach than being thrown into the fire of the ACC and asked to perform. It would be a complete disaster.

Would be completely insane to give Rusty a shot at our HC position. He would be much better suited getting a job in the Atlantic Sun or OVC and learning how to be a head coach than being thrown into the fire of the ACC and asked to perform. It would be a complete disaster.

Only surpassed by the disaster that hiring Childress, another popular call here on the boards, would be IMO. No coaching experience at all, and one of the greatest legacies in Wake Forest basketball at stake. No one wants to remember Childress as the coach who couldn't dig us out of the Bzzhole. We need a coach, not an emotional choice.

I missed something.

It's a pick up game right? and an alum returned to play?

What is the cool part?
What is the heroic part?

Damn, agreeing with Milhouse again, this must STOP

I missed something.

It's a pick up game right? and an alum returned to play?

What is the cool part?
What is the heroic part?

Damn, agreeing with Milhouse again, this must STOP

Missed again. It's a routine practice. The alum happens to be the asst coach. No more, no less... but it's made for such a great thread.:tard:

Back