• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

S. Colbert v J. Stewart. Who is funnier?

Which guy is funnier

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough call. I'm going to say Colbert because he's more of a troll.

i think stewart, because he doesn't have to be quite as over-the-top to be funny.

I went with Stewart since his show has been on longer and is kind of the originial. Really, it's a tie for me though.

Colbert's schtick is tired. He was funny as a character, but the appeal of the character has run out.

Stewart, on the other hand, is legitimately funny.

Colbert's schtick is tired. He was funny as a character, but the appeal of the character has run out.

Stewart, on the other hand, is legitimately funny.

Lulz.

You need to watch his interviews with Maurice Sendak he just did this week.

I can't choose. Love both the programs but the humor is different.

If I could only pick one of them to keep, it would probably be the Daily Show though.

Surprised by the answers here so far. In terms of comedic delivery, timing, and quick retorts Colbert crushes Stewart.

tumblr_ltu3xdo4Pa1qjqzoeo1_500.gif

Did anybody here attend the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear?

yep. it was awesome. especially because I could walk there and got to avoid the giant cluster that was Metro that day. I heard the lines were way out the station at Vienna (end of the Orange Line in VA). when we were leaving a mass of humanity was turning towards the downtown Red Line stations and I got to walk in the clear of it all.

having The Roots with John Legend open was great.

Surprised by the answers here so far. In terms of comedic delivery, timing, and quick retorts Colbert crushes Stewart.

This. Stewart gets a lot of comedy from his sidekicks, of whom Colbert has none. A fair amount of Stewart's funny is just his silent, blank "WTF" staring at the camera after watching some retarded video clip. IMHO the two shows are equally funny, but when comparing comedian to comedian, Colbert wins and it's not even close.

Both are tired, but it's Stewart by a country mile.

Colbert has never, ever been funny except to the whitest, most unfunny of unfunny white people.

That being said, I saw some Stewart standup from the early 90s on Netflix the other day, and he is sitting there railing on GHWB for half the act. It just makes you realize how incredibly old and tired his shtick is.

Back