• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sad day

TravelingDeacon

Reaction score
I went to the beach today sporting a WFU football tshirt.

A guy came up to me and said, "You must be pretty brave to wear a Wake shirt nowadays."

Sad.

But, I'm on vacation, so please cheer me up with optimistic predictions of success next year in football AND basketball!

You should have grabbed a handful of sand and thrown it as hard as you can directly into his open eyes and face. That's what RubbinsRacin would do.

Did you take the opportunity to explain our cultural change to him and that, in 7-8 years, after the smoke has cleared and we've hired an AD who hasn't lost his mind, we'll be good again?

was this a guy you knew or just a random stranger?

If it's a random stranger, you should have punched him in the nose.

Who goes up to someone they don't know and busts on them?

just picked up an Athlons at Barnes and Noble. everyone may know this except me; but they predict that we will go winless in conference...WINLESS!!!

You should have threatened to assault his wife and daughter. That's how we roll in the 434.

I can see people in the Carolinas taking shots at Wake now, but similar to KennyRogersRoast, I live in Louisiana and I never get negative comments when sporting Wake gear. There has not been one mention about the Today show down here, and people still say something about the Orange Bowl or Chris Paulwhen they see my shirts. It is actually nice living in an area where the only thing people know about Wake are the positives.

That, and living in a state where every college sucks, it feels (superficially) nice when people say, "Wow, you went to Wake?"

Wal-Mart fan. Bet it was UNC fan, who never went to school. I've always had ok conversations with the grads, but the ones who never set foot on campus piss me off.

You are a southerner. Go north and see who busts balls.

Jesus.

Did you ask the prick where he went to school? If he went somewhere with a good team, then good for him, but odds are he's a grad of a school without D-1 sports who buys Carolina/Dook gear at Walmart.

I can see people in the Carolinas taking shots at Wake now, but similar to KennyRogersRoast, I live in Louisiana and I never get negative comments when sporting Wake gear. There has not been one mention about the Today show down here, and people still say something about the Orange Bowl or Chris Paulwhen they see my shirts. It is actually nice living in an area where the only thing people know about Wake are the positives.

That, and living in a state where every college sucks, it feels (superficially) nice when people say, "Wow, you went to Wake?"

Mellow?

Who gives a crap what anybody says. Heck, 90% of my wardobe consists of something with Wake Forest on it. It makes me proud to wear it, maybe more so in the bad times, because 90% of the Duke, UNC, etc. fans wouldn't be wearing their Wal-mart gear if their teams stunk. Went to Disney World a few weeks ago and the only comment I got was from a worker at the lodge we stayed at, who was a big UCF fan, and he was talking about Brett Hodges. Next time anybody says anything to you like that, just tell them true fans proudly display their support for their team in good times and in bad times.

Last edited:
Back