• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SAD - Iona lost to St Peter's

JimDuncan

Reaction score
I'm from NJ and can tell you that St Peter's is a fairly obscure school. Terrible to have that L on our record.

I'm from NJ as well and didn't know St. Peter's is in NJ until you posted it.

Sad? This just mean that St. Peter's is good enough to win the NCAA Tourney.

But we played good defense against them. We kept them under 100.

that's gonna crush our RPI come march.

For what it's worth, I had heard of St. Peter's so I'd totally expect them to beat Wake. IIRC, the nation's leading scorer came out of there within the past ten years or so. Shame on you other posters from New Jersey not knowing about that fine institution.

ETA: Found it. Keydron Clark was the nations leading scorer in both the 03-04 and 04-05 seasons.

Last edited:
I had a buddy play baseball there. It's a commuter school. I know where it is. But the fact that within New Jersey, schools like Drew or Farleigh Dickinson have more name recognition than St Peters.

Well fact is that Iona's first half shooting would have been impressive in an open gym with no opposition at all. That, of course, does not explain our lack of offensive response; but whether Iona is any good or not their shooting was really good against us.

On a related note, Nebraska got blasted at home by Creighton, 64-42.

that's gonna crush our RPI come march.

Our RPI?!? Don't you feel a little bad for what we're gonna do to Iona's RPI when they come up for postseason consideration? Pretty soon, no OOC school with postseason aspirations is going to want to schedule us.

Well fact is that Iona's first half shooting would have been impressive in an open gym with no opposition at all. That, of course, does not explain our lack of offensive response; but whether Iona is any good or not their shooting was really good against us.

How can you possibly shill at a moment like this. Iona is not good at basketball.

Back