• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sandusky Gets 30 Years

Dude, this is not funny. At all. Buffet of fresh meat? You know you are talking about Children as the butt of your joke.... sick.

And that's exactly how he viewed it. Wasn't trying to be funny. The dude should drawn and quartered. And then the real torture should commence.

as you defend or justify JoePa's reaction, remember Sanduskey was forced to retire in '98 as a result of a report on him showering naked with another young kid in the lockerroom.

JoePa knew the score and when he heard about it happening again, he just passed it up the ladder. On the surface, that is a completely acceptable initial reaction. Let the administration handle it. But when days, weeks and months passed, without Sanduskey going to jail, he had the moral obligation to raise hell inside PSU and to take the matter to the cops, if no one else had.

Prison will not be fun, though a sick fuck like Sanduskey might actually enjoy the extra attention he will receive.

if he ends up in prison he'll be murdered within 6 months, probably in a excruciating manner. and it still won't be enough of a punishment.

it's times like these when i wish there was a heaven and hell, because that sick motherfucker deserves to burn.............

if he ends up in prison he'll be murdered within 6 months, probably in a excruciating manner. and it still won't be enough of a punishment.

it's times like these when i wish there was a heaven and hell, because that sick motherfucker deserves to burn.............

As does Paterno

as you defend or justify JoePa's reaction, remember Sanduskey was forced to retire in '98 as a result of a report on him showering naked with another young kid in the lockerroom.

JoePa knew the score and when he heard about it happening again, he just passed it up the ladder. On the surface, that is a completely acceptable initial reaction. Let the administration handle it. But when days, weeks and months passed, without Sanduskey going to jail, he had the moral obligation to raise hell inside PSU and to take the matter to the cops, if no one else had.

Agreed.

JoPa is gone. He knew but didn't tell the authorities. Later, JoPa.

This is the single most disturbing sports story I have ever heard, probably of all time. It's hard for me to even conceptualize how the football program even moves on from something like this.

Any chance the NCAA gives Penn State the death penalty for this? This is far worse than SMU. It sounds ridiculous, but I don't think ass-raping a minor is an NCAA infraction, though clearly it should be. I know MLB has a "best interests of baseball" authoritative clause that gives the league the ability to take whatever action it deems appropriate under the circumstances, does anything similar exist for the NCAA?

yeah, this is loss of institutional control at its pinnacle.

football program important.
welfare of children unimportant.

I am a Camp Director and this story hits on my deepest fears when hiring staff to work with children. We have quite a few policies in place to prevent and deal with things like this. The GA did the right thing from a policy standpoint, as did JoePa. How the administration didn't kick this scum bag to the curb is beyond me.

I haven't dug into the details of the case, but who was the child, and how did the relationship begin? Did the University have a policy about being alone with children? This is bizarre, because typically you don't catch abusers abusing, you catch them breaking rules. I would imagine less than 20% of cases are found out by catching the abuser in the act.

I believe the law is that you have to report these kinds of things to the authorities so I don't really think any of them did the right thing.

I think the problem is that wasn't the first time JoPa heard about Sandusky and a small boy. If this had happened before the 1998 investigation, I think you get to make this argument. But after the 1998 investigation, you're on notice and at the very least, you have a moral obligation to protect that kids (and others) by doing more than just reporting it to your boss.

Definitely how I feel. I still don't think any of them pursued it enough, even had it been the first time, even if it had been from a less credible source, but knowing that there was a prior incidence just makes it inexcusable, IMO.

Joe Paterno knew all about this whole deal. It is beyond naiive to think this type of thing was going on and that Paterno was in the dark. Anybody with any sort of bullshit meter can read this one...

Joe Paterno knew all about this whole deal. It is beyond naiive to think this type of thing was going on and that Paterno was in the dark. Anybody with any sort of bullshit meter can read this one...

Exactly.

Agreed....

And I've still yet to see any sort of explanation of how an admission of showering with a little boy and "maybe" touching his genitals isn't enough evidence to press charges. What a fucking corrupt place.

Has anyone discussed the story about the DA who did not pursue in 98?

It's like a fucking twisted novel

Has anyone discussed the story about the DA who did not pursue in 98?

It's like a fucking twisted novel

Yeah the guy who mysteriously disappeared without a trace just as another allegation surfaces.....should send up a huge red flag to anyone involved, unless of course they are doing the disappearing.....

Yeah the guy who mysteriously disappeared without a trace just as another allegation surfaces.....should send up a huge red flag to anyone involved, unless of course they are doing the disappearing.....

I've been thinking about this a lot too.

Back