• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sandusky Gets 30 Years

So can we discuss whether Paterno wears "The Bro" because he was sporting some serious man-boobs under that sweatshirt last night.

So can we discuss whether Paterno wears "The Bro" because he was sporting some serious man-boobs under that sweatshirt last night.

I noticed that as well. They have to be double D's. Saggy as two sweet potatoes hanging from his chest, though.

I have no reason to think this but if Arnie and Cal Ripken Jr were the ones being pimped little boys....well, its hard to put in to words, but I just dont see myself caring about anything ever again.

I say let's hold off accusing all the famous donors and guest speakers who helped the Second Mile of being pedophiles. I'm sure that there was some legit work on behalf of kids done by the organization and that there were plenty of people who gave to it who had zero idea about the pedophilia happening. Just as I'm pretty sure there were employees/board members who enabled Sandusky (and maybe others) because they knew about the allegations at least as far back as 1998 and didn't prohibit his contact with kids till about 2 years ago.

So what have Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith been saying? I have yet to hear their comments on this scandal

I say let's hold off accusing all the famous donors and guest speakers who helped the Second Mile of being pedophiles. I'm sure that there was some legit work on behalf of kids done by the organization and that there were plenty of people who gave to it who had zero idea about the pedophilia happening. Just as I'm pretty sure there were employees/board members who enabled Sandusky (and maybe others) because they knew about the allegations at least as far back as 1998 and didn't prohibit his contact with kids till about 2 years ago.

Agreed. These are famous people who like having their names attached to charitable organizations and were honorary members. Not acting members who had anything to do with the organization other than sending a check every year and maybe attend an event or two. Second Mile had over 100,000 kids in its programs throughout Pennsylvania. Not all of them were molested and certainly there was some good work being done there.

Just because it was a "pedo ring" doesn't mean every person with any connection knew about it and all the kids were being abused. There was likely a few people within Second Mile who were involved and probably a few outside the organization that were the perpetrators who abused a small number of the kids in the charity. It's still disgusting, but it's not like everyone who ever came in contact with this charity was a pedophile and every kid was molested.

Agreed. These are famous people who like having their names attached to charitable organizations and were honorary members. Not acting members who had anything to do with the organization other than sending a check every year and maybe attend an event or two. Second Mile had over 100,000 kids in its programs throughout Pennsylvania. Not all of them were molested and certainly there was some good work being done there.

Just because it was a "pedo ring" doesn't mean every person with any connection knew about it and all the kids were being abused. There was likely a few people within Second Mile who were involved and probably a few outside the organization that were the perpetrators who abused a small number of the kids in the charity. It's still disgusting, but it's not like everyone who ever came in contact with this charity was a pedophile and every kid was molested.

+1

Arie is from PA, remember that. I am sure he liked giving to a charity with PA roots.

So what have Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith been saying? I have yet to hear their comments on this scandal

Who cares? When has either contributed anything worthwhile to anything? That is like asking Paris Hilton her opinion on this.

Who cares? When has either contributed anything worthwhile to anything? That is like asking Paris Hilton her opinion on this.

True enough. But everyone keeps saying that they are spot on, so I'm kinda interesting in what they're saying.

I usually disagree with what they say a majority of the time, so on the rare occasion that they're right, I want to see what they have to say

You danged whippersnappers need to get off of JoePa's back!!!

He did nothing wrong.

Them charges is balderdash!!!!!

True enough. But everyone keeps saying that they are spot on, so I'm kinda interesting in what they're saying.

I usually disagree with what they say a majority of the time, so on the rare occasion that they're right, I want to see what they have to say

I bet google could tell you.

CBS has a Timeline of Key dates of Sandusky scandal.

This is fucking disgusting:

Fall 2000: A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy -- known as Victim 8 -- pinned up against the wall and performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

Does he mean in addition to the pimping?

He wouldn't say. He just kept intimating he thought something big was gonna come out by Saturday. I've been thinking about that DA who left him off the hook back in 1998- even though there were police officers who overheard him admitting to the mother what he had done. I wonder if his disappearance is related to this somehow. Probably just a coincidence but this whole thing is really weird.

I imagine they are saying the same thing everyone else is saying. This is a rare occasion where there is an enormous scandal sparking massive amounts of discussion, but virtually everyone (save the few idiot students at PSU itself) has virtually the same exact opinion on the problems, what should have been done, and what should be done now.

I agree completely with BB and cville on the previous page. It's just that those are my two favorite living athletes of all time hands down. The whole situation just makes me a bit...nervous, i suppose. That's all. I'm sure there is no reason to be but this thing is just really depressing.

Older women who like young guys are called Cougars

Old men who like young boys are called Nittany Lions.

Back