• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

sao paulo and rio

BLWells

Reaction score
What are the best things to do and see in Sao Paulo and Rio?

only been to Rio and it's been almost 10 years and I was a budget traveler then, but some things I remember:

- Stayed at an Airbnb in Santa Teresa -- it's a residential neighborhood with a bohemian vibe; not up in the middle of things or on the beach, but still pretty central -- loved walking around the area

- Beaches are fun for hanging out and the area is very walkable

- Went to a jazz club called The Maze that was pretty cool -- it's up in the hills, in a favela -- looks like they're only open during the afternoon now: https://mazerio.com.br/

- the touristy stuff was cool: the jesus statue, the stairs, the beaches -- fun town

- Botanical Gardens was a good stop

My friend from Rio just posted this, which seems like a semi-endorsement. She seems plugged in.

only been to Rio and it's been almost 10 years and I was a budget traveler then, but some things I remember:

- Stayed at an Airbnb in Santa Teresa -- it's a residential neighborhood with a bohemian vibe; not up in the middle of things or on the beach, but still pretty central -- loved walking around the area

- Beaches are fun for hanging out and the area is very walkable

- Went to a jazz club called The Maze that was pretty cool -- it's up in the hills, in a favela -- looks like they're only open during the afternoon now: https://mazerio.com.br/

- the touristy stuff was cool: the jesus statue, the stairs, the beaches -- fun town

- Botanical Gardens was a good stop
Thanks so much.

My friend from Rio just posted this, which seems like a semi-endorsement. She seems plugged in.

Thanks. We will be spending just 2 days there. Always been on my "bucket list though".

Yeah I’ve never been but would love to go — to both cities. Have fun!

Back