• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday 10/1 CFB Thread

Skydog Deac said:
bym051d wrote: Understatement of the century.

Nebraska looks as bad as Vah Tek. Which is good. Screw Nebraska for creating all the conference drama. I wish they'd never win another game.

Totally agree. Nebraska could no longer beat Texas, so they took their panties and bailed from the Big 12. Decided to go with a coach who dresses like my friends do when doing yardwork, and a QB who is overrated as a passer and game manager.

As for Wisky, they showed how weak the B11(12?) is by not being able to beat Mtn West opponent TCU in the Rose Bowl last year. So they try to improve by bringing in an ACC qb, from the conference much maligned by any B10(11?)(12?) fan. Does anyone believe Wisky is in a national championship discussion without lowly ex-ACC qb Russell Wilson?

May they both rot, along with any of the B10(11?)(12?). I'm sorry, I meant the Leaders and Legends, hah!

Really selling TCU short from last year. I think NFL rosters in 5 years will let us know how good both teams in that Rose Bowl really were.

Skydog Deac said:
Deacfreak07 wrote: Really selling TCU short from last year. I think NFL rosters in 5 years will let us know how good both teams in that Rose Bowl really were.

I'm selling the B10(11)(12) short, and always will.

Seems like a logical position to cling to.

Went to the FL/AL game last night: but here's what I think:

Clemson is for real. They haven't started this good in a long time. Time will tell if they can get pumped up for the "little" games, but they look dirty.

Alabama has the best run defense in the country. Muschamp doesn't have his pieces in place yet but they'll be just as physical soon.

FIU beat the crap out of a UCF team that beat BC 30-3.

FIU has a decent football team and Duke has won 3 straight and gaining some confidence. Their offense is pretty potent. Our trip to Durham won't be easy and I'll gladly take any kind of win. Of course the same people that said we'd beat BC yesterday by 4 touchdowns will be saying the same thing about the Duke game. :rolleyes:

FIU has a decent football team and Duke has won 3 straight and gaining some confidence. Their offense is pretty potent. Our trip to Durham won't be easy and I'll gladly take any kind of win. Of course the same people that said we'd beat BC yesterday by 4 touchdowns will be saying the same thing about the Duke game. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

We are not a top 25 team; we are not going to destroy anybody. We may make a bowl, but its not going to be easy. Every game will be close (save Clemson).

Our players had better expect Duke to bring everything they have; As bad as Duke is, they still believe they should be better than us.

Exactly.

We are not a top 25 team; we are not going to destroy anybody. We may make a bowl, but its not going to be easy. Every game will be close (save Clemson).

Our players had better expect Duke to bring everything they have; As bad as Duke is, they still believe they should be better than us.

Plus, I'd bet Duke wants to beat us worse than anybody on their schedule other than UNC. What's the streak up to now, 11 or so?

Just want to point out that the ACC was 5-0 out of conference yesterday.

...and UVA tried to lose to Idaho.

I was at the UF-Bama game last night. Best game atmosphere that I've ever been a part of.

Back