• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SavePBS

It seems everyone would rather continue droning about PBS than read or talk about this, but I'm reading the actual report.

In the interest of accuracy, I should say that the report said only 2% of those killed are "high-value targets", whatever that means or is defined. Bottom line is in the first line of the report though.

"In the United States, the dominant narrative about the use of drones in Pakistan is of a
surgically precise and effective tool that makes the US safer by enabling “targeted
killing” of terrorists, with minimal downsides or collateral impacts.

This narrative is false."

It's called staying on topic.

I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone would want to discuss PBS on the thread about PBS.

Didn't 923 start a good thread about drones last week?

I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone would want to discuss PBS on the thread about PBS.

Congrats on staying welded to a terrible topic then.

You know this whole spin up is to distract from real issues, right?

Political spinmeisters love people like you.

The Count is clearly a Republican. He can do math. No way he posts the four biggest deficits in U.S. history in a row.

He is, in fact, a republican. Neither he nor Arnold can run for president though, which makes them super sad. Mr. Obama is really nice to the count though and let's him spin around in his chair and use his imagination.

He is, in fact, a republican. Neither he nor Arnold can run for president though, which makes them super sad. Mr. Obama is really nice to the count though and let's him spin around in his chair and use his imagination.

Some Republicans say Bert and Ernie are part of the homosexual agenda. Is this true?

Congrats on staying welded to a terrible topic then.

You know this whole spin up is to distract from real issues, right?

Political spinmeisters love people like you.

Haha, I had two posts on this thread before the one you quoted. One that said this issue was silly because the budget issued to PBS was so small. The other recommended some quality PBS viewing. (Half the Sky, check it out, I think this might be the last day you can stream it online.) How am I being distracted from real issues by an issue I called silly?

This is a thread about PBS. If you want to talk about something else, you can always start a new thread about that topic. It would probably be more productive than insulting people for not talking about the issue you want to talk about on a thread about a different topic.

Haha, I had two posts on this thread before the one you quoted. One that said this issue was silly because the budget issued to PBS was so small. The other recommended some quality PBS viewing. (Half the Sky, check it out, I think this might be the last day you can stream it online.) How am I being distracted from real issues by an issue I called silly?

Not sure. You should ask yourself that.

This is a thread about PBS. If you want to talk about something else, you can always start a new thread about that topic. It would probably be more productive than insulting people for not talking about the issue you want to talk about on a thread about a different topic.

This thread is a joke about an "issue" that is a joke, and ought to be treated as such.

Some Republicans say Bert and Ernie are part of the homosexual agenda. Is this true?

Gay rights activists have tried to make it so. Sesame Street Workshop denies it.

I saw one meme-ish post about how if PBS is canxed that Bert and Ernie will never get married. That's how idiotic this issue is.

Gay rights activists have tried to make it so. Sesame Street Workshop denies it.

I saw one meme-ish post about how if PBS is canxed that Bert and Ernie will never get married. That's how idiotic this issue is.

Which activists? Which meme-ish post?

None of those Sesame Street puppets pay taxes. Get out there and subsidize yourselves.

Which activists? Which meme-ish post?

If I wanted you to know what is posted to my facebook page, you would be on my friends list.

Google is your friend. Lair Scott would be a good place to start, since he started a petition on change.org about getting Bert and Ernie hitched.

jhmd's defiicit comment is taken out of context. He's talking as if the sole reason for the current deficits are the big spending liberals.

It was a piggyback on my post about Big Bird and Elmo being 1%ers. I can't speak for him, but I didn't think any of it was really to be taken too seriously.

Is this staying on topic, Ph and avalon? Getting butthurt about tongue-in-cheek comments attributed to Sesame Street characters in response to ridiculous politicization of Sesame Street characters?

This is why other countries make fun of us.

Back