• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

tenor.gif

The only difference in Schumer/Biden and McConnell is that McConnell actually had the occasion to apply the rule. There is zero doubt in my mind that, had the rolls been reversed, the Democrats would’ve done the same thing.

Projection

The only difference in Schumer/Biden and McConnell is that McConnell actually had the occasion to apply the rule. There is zero doubt in my mind that, had the rolls been reversed, the Democrats would’ve done the same thing.

There n ever was a "rule". In fact, Biden was in a position of power in 1988 when Anthony Kennedy was nominated and put on the Supreme Court. Therefore, your post is totally full of shit.

And there is zero doubt that if RBG dies tomorrow that McConnell won't rush to fill the spot immediately.

There n ever was a "rule". In fact, Biden was in a position of power in 1988 when Anthony Kennedy was nominated and put on the Supreme Court. Therefore, your post is totally full of shit.

EDIT: Clarence Thomas joined the Supreme Court on October 23, 1991. One year and ten days before the election and this "issue" never came up.

Junebug is a partisan hack as he has demonstrated. A right wing leaning court is all that matters to him.

and he expects us to believe he was a democrat before bill clinton lied about getting his cock sucked

*that won’t be applied in 2020

Guys, the nuance is that the Biden rule only applies when the White House and the Senate are held by opposing political parties. Biden wrote all of this in the Constitution and Heller, you should probably reread Heller. Currently that's not the case, because McTurtle and President Bones-Spurs and both in the same odious political party.

I wouldn’t have expected it to. 1991 was not an election year.

You are amazingly transparently dishonest. Of course you neglected that Kennedy that Kennedy was nominated and approved in an election year which 100% disproves your BS premise.

Kennedy took office February 18, 1988. That's an election year.

In public do you wear a red nose and and oversized shoes?

Trying to apply that horrible decision to people that have never made that decision, rather than the person that actually did, is completely dishonest. You are choosing the dishonest characterization here so don’t expect any good-faith replies. You are confident the Democrats would have done something they had never done before, yet you state that you think the pubs might do the right thing in the end and break from Trump to impeach. Yeah. You are a hack. Own it. You make some thoughtful and intelligent points at times, but you are a partisan hack.

Drop the word Nominated...

Yep, a person (Bork) who supports racist clubs, opposed the Civil Rights Act and was the only person in Nixon's Administration without a conscience for the Saturday Night Massacre should be given a lifetime on the Supreme Court. Bork agreed to fire people for following a legitimate order from a federal court. Yep, that's good guy to support. It tells a lot about who you are.

The Bork nomination and subsequent bitching and moaning by Republicans showed they have no remorse for Watergate. And we are still seeing that today.

Last edited:
Back