• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

Junebug has convinced me of the value of attending an elite law school.

You really do have an opinion on everything, don’t you? Even, maybe especially, on things you don’t know about.

How many Trump judicial appointees have you met? How many federal judges have you interacted with in your life?

LOL. You’re a judicial jock sniffer. That’s hilarious.

So tell me what I got wrong. Tell me why “originalism” took almost 200 years to take hold and that it had nothing to do with how society was changing.

I can’t think of anything dumber than a lawyer who thinks he’s awesome because he’s met a some other lawyers. Y’all talk about Scalia like he’s Jordan.

Scalia wasn’t appointed by Trump, you dipshit.

How many Trump judicial appointees do you know personally?

I was talking about the rise of originalism in the 1980s and mocking people like you for treating its patron saint like he’s Michael Jordan.

It is also weird to brag about meeting judicial appointments especially given that they’re mediocre stooges as I pointed out before. You’re a true believer. You think they’re brilliant because you’re a mediocre stooge as well. You can’t even explain why it took 200 years for originalism to emerge. You treat something new like it’s always been there.

Last edited:
Yet the Federalist Society puts them on their list and they get in line.

It’s not hard man. You act like your side is so principled. It’s all about keeping rich white guys in power. That’s it. It’s not complex. That’s it. That’s the whole plan.

Nice humble brag though.

You said yourself that they put inexperienced people on their list. How would people with little to no judicial experience distinguish themselves?

Last edited:
"you can't criticize X unless you have been or know X" is one of the worst arguments

"you can't criticize X unless you have been or know X" is one of the worst arguments

As is you know the psychological makeup of X group because you know someone in X group. That’s firmly in “black friend” territory.

It also ignores that I’m not making a psychological argument at all. He weirdly enters into my territory by claiming he knows social science.

Last edited:
This notion that the federalist society seeks out obsequious get-in-liners is just the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time.

They literally have such a list of preferred judges and Trump has been using it as a punchlist for appointments you water carrying donk.

I’m not bragging about meeting judges. What a dumb thing to say. I’m telling you that, because you don’t any, you don’t have the first clue into their psychological makeup.

link to support this assertion about the ability (or lack thereof) of humans to empathize?

ITT, Junebug gets inline with Federalist Society while decrying that Federalist Society judges aren't people who get inline.

how many judges were from the list of judges recommended by the Federalist Society vs not on the list?

YO MODS, can we get a count of everyone's judicial acquaintances added to their signature lines for this thread please. I think it would be helpful to sort through the bullshit.

No shit, Sherlock.

The claim being made on here is that one of the criteria for being on that list is obsequiousness to Trump. That’s false.

might be now, gotta think Trump's #1 concern with a judge he picks is if they'll be loyal to him

That's the only explanation for a bunch of the nominees. Especially the multiple nominees who were judged "unqualified" by the ABA. It's absurd to say loyalty to Trump isn't a major factor for his judicial nominations.

I have 5 friends from law school and practice who are now federal judges. If you think that federal judges are bootlickers of the president who appointed them, you have no clue what you are talking about. As a general matter, federal judges are more arrogant than surgeons. They have lifetime tenure and it takes a literal act of congress to remove them. They aren’t beholden to anyone. This notion that the federalist society seeks out obsequious get-in-liners is just the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time.

What’s your position on confirming judges who have been rated as “not qualified”?

Back