• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

And now they're fucking with the ability to vote in Alabama and putting lives at risk. Roberts is still trash, don't let anyone tell you differently.

When Roberts was on the DC Circuit he served as a judge for Wake’s moot court competition.

While he was there he agreed to come back the following year and judge again.

In the interim he was confirmed as Chief Justice. He came back and judged the following year because he had already made the commitment.

You can philosophically disagree with the man, but he’s a man of integrity.

When Roberts was on the DC Circuit he served as a judge for Wake’s moot court competition.

While he was there he agreed to come back the following year and judge again.

In the interim he was confirmed as Chief Justice. He came back and judged the following year because he had already made the commitment.

You can philosophically disagree with the man, but he’s a man of integrity.

All that can be said from this anecdote is that he has tremendous integrity with respect to scheduling and and calendars.

All that can be said from this anecdote is that he has tremendous integrity with respect to scheduling and and calendars.

Must be glad to have Kavanaugh alongside him up there. A man who sticks to his calendar.

Right. kavanaugh said some bs about how he began keeping his calendars in hs because his father would gather the family and regale them with the stories in the calendars he kept. The math was something like since he was in middle school.

Trump's lawyers: Trump can't be bothered with releasing his tax returns during a pandemic. It interferes with his day job.

Lololololol

The problem with this decision as well as the Census one is that they show how broken the government is. Both would technically be allowed if an administration wasn't a flaming pile of dog shit, like say the hate and nationalist bullshit of trump but implemented by Tom Cotton. The last decade nothing of significance is passed into law because Congress is completely broken so everything is decided by EO or just norms that are easily overturned or smashed.

Administrative law is an area ripe with abuse. The whole arbitrary and capricious standard is such a low bar over which to jump for any admin. The fact they couldn't jump over it here is, to your point, astounding.

Also on the bc decision. I have not read that particular part of the ACA but I'm not surprised with this decision nor that it was a 7-2 vote.

I have zero predictions for the upcoming decision on his tax returns other than to say whatever way this one goes it and regardless of the vote it will likely be a very narrow precedent. I guess on that basis alone I'll guess they stick it to Trump.

Pretty smart of Trump to continuously attack SCOTUS on decisions he doesn’t like, as if he doesn’t understand separation of powers. Obama was wrong when he did it too, but the degrees aren’t comparable. It’s a bold decision, can’t wait to see if it pays off for him.

lol trump's boys kav and gorsuch in the majority. get fucked trump

Man - this is going to be wild. I'm predicting Trump continues to defy the order and will not release his tax returns. He'll reason that the worst he can do is be held in contempt and be arrested, but he will think that won't happen because he's a sitting President.

Back