• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS Delivers Blow To Workers' Rights

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
Thanks Hillary for running a horrible campaign!

Please live until February 2021 RBG and Kennedy.

well of course. The GOP is a direct extension of the Owner class and this is part of the deal middle America signed with them. And to be fair, wealthy owner-class liberals are complicit.

Congratulations Middle American whites in Ohio and Pennsylvania, this is what you voted for you dumb fucks

This is a really really shitty deal. What many don’t understand is an arbitration clause is the same thing as giving up all legal rights in many instances. Take a huge corporation that allegedly underpays 1,000 workers by $1,000 each. Normally, you’d look to a class action so that the issue can be effectively and efficiently litigated. And more importantly because no lawyer can afford to take a case where damages are $1,000. So even if you still have the right to arbitrate, you’re on your own - and that means it ain’t getting brought. This is a travesty. I’d say we need to look for a legislative fix but yeah fucking right.

Thanks Hillary for running a horrible campaign!

Please live until February 2021 RBG and Kennedy.

Presidents aren’t allowed to fill vacancies in the last year of a term. It’s a rule, remember. I’m sure a man of integrity like Mitch McConnell wouldn’t be blatantly partisan about something like that.

On the flip side paying lawyers to argue for $1,000 is a waste of time and dollars. If you're an employee who gets screwed out of such a small amount and it's a big deal for you, unemployment is at 3%. Go do something else.

On the flip side paying lawyers to argue for $1,000 is a waste of time and dollars. If you're an employee who gets screwed out of such a small amount and it's a big deal for you, unemployment is at 3%. Go do something else.

aren't you the guy who has been telling how awesome the Trump tax cut is because it'll net you like $100/month or something?

aren't you the guy who has been telling how awesome the Trump tax cut is because it'll net you like $100/month or something?

#fakenews. Trump tax cut is 3% of your salary for most people. Maybe amounts to a hundy for W&B.

#fakenews. Trump tax cut is 3% of your salary for most people. Maybe amounts to a hundy for W&B.

Don’t like half of all Americans make less than $30K? So that 3% tax cut is about $900 for those folks.

I guess we’re getting what we deserve.

Quit voting for Republicans, dumbasses.

Trump voters are probably happy so when they own a big business one day they can stick it to the workers.

Was there really nothing that could have been done to get the Garland nomination advanced?

Trolling the psf is beneath you badass ballers. What’s gotten into you? Don’t you have a bunch of pussy to slay and poker to play and whatnot?

You’re not smart.

3% drop an effective tax rate? I'm calling BS on that #fakenews. Republicans were claiming that the average american savings was 2.2% but of course the bigger percentage savings are skewed towards the upper incomes so most Americans will receive a benefit of less than 2%

Last edited:
Was there really nothing that could have been done to get the Garland nomination advanced?

Yes, nothing. And that's the 1 thing from 2016 that still makes me irate. I quickly got over Hillary being a bad candidate, running a bad campaign and losing. Obama did what history told him to do when a justice dies a year before you leave office and the other side controls the senate - nominate a centrist. What McConnell did was unprecedented.

Back