• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

He's a good defensive player. Offensive production seems more out of necessity from the lack of talent around him a la Devin Thomas. He's a solid player, not knocking the guy. But 1st team seems crazy to me.

Depends on how much you value defense. He's not a "good" defensive player. He's a great defensive player. 3.4 blocks per game and anchoring a top 10 national defense, and the rest of team is largely low mid-major level flotsam (with the exception of Okogie who is a good but not consistent defender yet).

Lammers is the best defensive player in the ACC. It's not really even close imo. Does that warrant 1st team All-ACC? We'll see. I think he's likely to get 2nd team, but I'd like to see him get plenty of votes.

Brutal loss for GT, but I was really worried about that game going in. Lammers and Stephens had played the full 40 minutes just Sunday evening and Okogie and Heath played 38 each ... so a Tuesday night game was going to be very rough no matter who it was. The team just has no legs left. A season of being basically a 2 man team in terms of offense and only going 7 deep in the best of situations has fully caught up with them. This team has no business winning 7+ games in the ACC and making the tournament was probably always a pipe dream, but still a hell of a year given the roster.

Vad- tough loss for your guys last night, and on a Tuesday, which makes it tougher.

Who would you compare Lammers to in the league? Admittedly, I've only watched him 3-4 times this year and am curious what the NBA folks are saying about him.

Depends on how much you value defense. He's not a "good" defensive player. He's a great defensive player. 3.4 blocks per game and anchoring a top 10 national defense, and the rest of team is largely low mid-major level flotsam (with the exception of Okogie who is a good but not consistent defender yet).

Lammers is the best defensive player in the ACC. It's not really even close imo. Does that warrant 1st team All-ACC? We'll see. I think he's likely to get 2nd team, but I'd like to see him get plenty of votes.

He's no Toby Alderwiereld.

While dook losing probably was not the best for us, but seeing ESPN play the buzzer beater over and over about 5 times was fun.

Feel like fate is going to reunite Deacs and Devils in Brooklyn.

If that means we're playing in the quarterfinals, bring it on

Feel like fate is going to reunite Deacs and Devils in Brooklyn.

Nah, if we get to 9-9 and either VT or Miami are 9-9 we are going to be the 9th seed and have a shot at UNC in Qtrs.

Carolina pretty much dominated Louisville in the 2nd half last night. I was suprised how lobsided the talent difference looked. Maybe it was just a bad game for the Cards, but they didn't look like the same quality as UNC.

Carolina pretty much dominated Louisville in the 2nd half last night. I was suprised how lobsided the talent difference looked. Maybe it was just a bad game for the Cards, but they didn't look like the same quality as UNC.
They really aren't that good. I don't know why scared little pansies like RJ are so afraid of them.

I still can't believe Pitino got his panties in a wad for someone yelling "Pitino, you suck." ESPN was baffled about why he went off like a crazy person.

If a fan can get ejected in Chapel Hill for telling Pitino he sucks, I guess I'll have to leave my sign about Rick pimping at the Minardi Whorehouse (nice way to honor your brother-in-law) at home.

I still can't believe Pitino got his panties in a wad for someone yelling "Pitino, you suck." ESPN was baffled about why he went off like a crazy person.

Ol' Roy "apologized" to Pitino via the media, but basically he said "we're Carolina; we're not like other schools where this happens all the time; we're better than this" , and "you ought to near the crap I have to hear on the road". I was waiting for him to pull the "Carolina Way" card

Big slate of ACC games today, Duke at Miami being the most interesting.

The one sneaky matchup to me is Virginia at State. State showed some life against GT and Virginia is on a 4-game skid. Cavaliers are an eight-point favorite. Do they bounce back strong or fall apart away from JPJ? They did lose to Pitt on the road early in the season. 3 OT losses may make their record look worse than it is.

Back