• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Secret Chipotle Test Location in NYC

I like Willy's a lot, and I especially love their chile de arbol sauce in the squeeze bottles on the table. Luckily I found a recipe in a Rick Bayless book that is basically identical, in fact, Willy's might've stolen it because Bayless says a few of the ingredients he uses are unorthodox for that sauce. I looked up Willy's ingredients and lo and behold, they are virtually the same.

I like Willy's a lot, and I especially love their chile de arbol sauce in the squeeze bottles on the table. Luckily I found a recipe in a Rick Bayless book that is basically identical, in fact, Willy's might've stolen it because Bayless says a few of the ingredients he uses are unorthodox for that sauce. I looked up Willy's ingredients and lo and behold, they are virtually the same.

Oh wow, please share. That stuff is fantastic. I know there's vinegar in it right?

Not directly on topic, but Chipotle is the most overrated chain out there. It's good, but not any better than Moe's despite being more expensive.

Holy fartballs. Moe's is disgusting, and all the ones up here closed (I think). You are about to go on my holy trinity shitlist with james and rjkkk

Nope, no one likes Moes outside of 10 year olds and rednecks who hang balls off the back of their truck.

So what you are saying is Jamesda takes his kids to Moe's often.

Moes is awesome if you know what your getting into. Free chips and the best salsa. Go there to be fat and happy. Go to chipoltle to be healthy and eat tasty foods. Go to Qdoba if you like compromising between the two.

Chipotle is way too salty to be healthy.

People who think they are being healthy by eating at Chipotle are the same morons who eat Yoforia or Pinkberry every night and think they are eating smart. Frozen yogurt ain't good for you either dumbass.

...this thread is making me want some chipotle. they've got the best guac of all of them.

I think if you get a burrito bowl with brown rice and no cheese, sour cream, or guac then Chipotle isn't too bad for you. But that's a lot of conditions.

salad bowl (no dressing) w/ chicken, black beans, pico, a wee bit of cheese, and maybe some guac if i'm feeling rich. unless the chicken is way salty, there's no way that's 'bad' for me.

Brown rice(sometimes white), black beans, chicken, lettuce and some cheese are my jams.

I think if you get a burrito bowl with brown rice and no cheese, sour cream, or guac then Chipotle isn't too bad for you. But that's a lot of conditions.

I actually read something recently that said a burrito bowl is actually worse for you than a burrito with the same ingrediants. It's because they almost always put more stuff on a bowl because the space is bigger.

...this thread is making me want some chipotle. they've got the best guac of all of them.

yep, this thread made me crave it...so i just went and got lunch there. chicken burrito bowl = yummmmmmmmmmmm

I actually read something recently that said a burrito bowl is actually worse for you than a burrito with the same ingrediants. It's because they almost always put more stuff on a bowl because the space is bigger.

yeah but the tortilla is pretty unhealthy

Back