• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seems so long ago

So long ago in faraway land of make believe........................

Held Calvin Johnson to 0 TDs.

Because it was so long ago.

We haven't been good at revenue sports in four years. That's a damn shame.

Is anybody else watching this?! GT marches down the field on the first possession, picking up 8-10 yards each play. Then we go 3 and out. Aaron Curry picks up a personal foul. Our o line is getting destroyed. And the whole time, Grobe just stands there with his arms crossed!

Is anybody else watching this?! GT marches down the field on the first possession, picking up 8-10 yards each play. Then we go 3 and out. Aaron Curry picks up a personal foul. Our o line is getting destroyed. And the whole time, Grobe just stands there with his arms crossed!
And you want to claim you aren't a troll. Adorable.

Funny how we were all cool with that when we were winning.

DV7, I was trying to make a joke. I guess you didn't like it.

But, it's also true. I watched the first 10 minutes and that is exactly what happened. It struck me as humorous.

Dirk, Calvin Johnson had some receptions that day. He had a couple in the first drive alone.

Last edited:
What a great combination of a "down" acc, great kicker, great defense, and no turnover offense. Sad thread.

Note: Great video. How I missed those years.

I hear that same "down ACC" stuff all the time. I will give you five solid programs in this league that were not down that year. Boston College, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Clemson were not "down" at all. Florida State and Miami, by their own standards, had sub-par seasons. Other than that, the league was pretty damn tough that year.

Calvin had over 100 yards IIRC.

Edit: I was right for once. 8 for 117.

He had a great day by human standards. Riley Swanson wouldn't let Johnson carry Reggie Ball on his back.

That game started like we were going to get killed, I think our guys were tight as a tick to start with, but settled down and brought home an ACC title.

That game started like we were going to get killed, I think our guys were tight as a tick to start with, but settled down and brought home an ACC title.

Yep. We did nothing our first two series and on the third series Skinner fumbled it on our 20, but we recovered. It honestly looked just like several of our games so far this year.

I hear that same "down ACC" stuff all the time. I will give you five solid programs in this league that were not down that year. Boston College, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Clemson were not "down" at all. Florida State and Miami, by their own standards, had sub-par seasons. Other than that, the league was pretty damn tough that year.

That GT team was absolutely loaded with NFL talent, and had probably the best WR that ever lived.

Nice to see us run from under center, run the orbit, and play action off of those

Back