• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senate Republicans Don't Understand Their Powers As Legislators

Then don't look at it. It's no more jarring that your Ween pic or whatever the hell that's from.

They didn't let me have it over at TOB, though, pussies that they were/are.

A guy getting his head blown off is no more jarring than Keith Moon making a goofy face? You're a real tough guy.

EDIT - Oh yeah, he's a commie. Eat Lead Commie. I got it now.

I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Nice dismissal, but the fact is this has gone on for years in various forms by both parties, and in many cases in ways just as public. In Kennedy's case, it was all backchannel sneaky shit and not even public so that he could further his drunken Presidential ambitions. Then you had the "Dear Comandante" letter that heaped praise on Noriega. So when people are crying about the Logan Act and other some such nonsense, it shows they have short memories or are just flat out ignorant.

They shouldn't have prepped this letter. It was unwise and unnecessary. But at least it isn't heaping praise upon Iran, nor is it attempting to give Iran any negotiating leverage. Those are not insignificant distinctions. But the bottom line is you need to let the President do what he's going to do. If you don't like the agreement he comes up with and it requires ratification, don't ratify it.

Hold up here a second.

"We asked the Senate Historical Office and the Reagan Library for any record of either a letter or overture made by Kennedy’s office to the Soviet leadership in 1983. Both found nothing.

At the end of the day, without any independent documentation, assessing Limbaugh’s claim hinges on whether you believe the memo is telling the truth.

The memo gained attention when it was the basis of a news report published in the Times of London in 1992. When the report came out, Tunney told the Times that it was "bullshit." We reached Tunney and he emphatically repeated that.

"The idea that I would be handling contacts with Andropov is preposterous," Tunney said. "This memo is completely false."
"Denials from anyone tied to Kennedy might be expected, but Kennedy does have a sort of character reference in the arena of foreign relations from a Reagan insider, the administration’s disarmament negotiator Max Kampelman.

In his memoirs Entering New Worlds, Kampelman wrote that the Soviets liked working with Kennedy as a back-door conduit of information, and Kampelman welcomed the arrangement.

"I learned that the senator never acted or received information without informing the appropriate United States agency of official," Kampelman wrote.

In 1985, Reagan himself approved using Kennedy this way and a working relationship grew between Kampelman and Kennedy.

While it is possible that the administration never caught wind of any contacts Tunney had with the KGB, it is worth noting that when the archivists at the Reagan Library searched the White House files on Kennedy, no episode involving the USSR in 1983 popped up."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...gh-ted-kennedy-undercut-reagan-back-door-lin/

Didn't see DB had posted this already.

A guy getting his head blown off is no more jarring than Keith Moon making a goofy face? You're a real tough guy.

EDIT - Oh yeah, he's a commie. Eat Lead Commie. I got it now.

I'm an idiot.

#publicschoolfilth

Back