• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senior Day: 21 players honored inc. Tom,Roberson,CBS,Sciba

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
A few COVID implications with the guys getting an extra year of eligibility plus hitting against the 85 scholarship limit. Anyone know how many scholarships we have active this year?

Seniors according to the roster who presumably have no more eligibility:
+Kamara
+Stewart
+Fox
+Masterson
+Redd
+Chapman
+Ja'sir
+Nash (could get an injury redshirt?)
+T. Davis (could get an injury redshirt?)

Grad Students who I believe have another year:
+Vilain
+Wingfield

Guys who would have been seniors if not for COVID:
+Hardimon
+CBS
+Roberson
+Tyler Williams
+Coby Davis
+DJ Taylor
+Tom
+Clapp
+Monroe
+Nya
+Maginn
+Greer
+Sciba
+Smenda
+Bergan

Doesn't even look at the Rs-Sophs who would have been RS-Juniors (whom we typically ask some of to leave, I believe).

Maginn already said he was coming back earlier today. Roberson said he didn't know yet.

Last edited:
Huge that Maginn is coming back. He's been excellent this year.

The guys who could be seniors have a legitimate opportunity to come back next year and contend for an ACC Championship and national championship whether or not they do it this year. Roberson, Perry, Greene would be one of the top WR corps in the country. And Banks, Williams, and Morin would still get plenty of reps behind them.

Let's just bring the entire 2 deep offense back, and see if Greer, Coby Davis, Smenda, and Tyler Williams will take a victory lap for the defense.

Unless Sciba hasn't graduated, there isn't a reason for him to come back. He's not necessarily going to get any better. His stock is about as high as it's going to be. Would love him back tho!

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tom tests NFL waters. He’s an undersized for an NFL OT but has played Center, Guard, and Tackle throughout his career. He is an NFL linemen.

If sciba comes back , he will probably become the ACC's all time leading scorer. That's a pretty big reason to come back when his pro kicking prospects are dicey.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tom tests NFL waters. He’s an undersized for an NFL OT but has played Center, Guard, and Tackle throughout his career. He is an NFL linemen.

He’s expected to play Center at the next level.

Would be shocked if Tom comes back.

Pretty sure he will get drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds.

Nya said he wasn’t coming back if his stock was high enough. Tom could and probably will go. Roberson hasn’t made up his mind.

Ironically, the offense has slowed him down because he rarely kicks FGs.

this bsd article from the spring had us at 92 schollies: https://www.bloggersodear.com/2021/2/18/22289059/wake-forest-football-2021-scholarship-chart, and we currently have 12 commits, so we're already 14 above the roster limit. i assume we want to add a few more commits and really want to get a few guys from the portal, so i would guess we need to drop about 20 schollies at the very least.

i'm gonna assume nash will come back and the other eight seniors are out, so twelve more schollies to free up. from the RS-Jr list: Hardmon, Clapp, Monroe and probably Taylor look like guys who will play their masters year somewhere else. and then let's assume roberson and tom go pro. still a lot of work to do. from the rs-soph list, royce francis is really the only guy who doesn't play much. maybe zion keith. also just noticed ken dicks isn't on the roster anymore.

We need to all be prepared that despite our setback in Chapel Hill- we’re having the best season in school history thus far and good chance that almost anyone eligible - Hartman, Perry, Roberson, etc. might leave for NFL. Stock won’t be higher. Ironically, Sciba’s stock has fallen since we are kicking so much less but have a feeling he’s gonna have to kick a lot down the stretch.

I think Hartman and Perry are back. Roberson seems like he's probably gone and it's hard to blame him with Greene coming back. That being said WR's leaving with eligibility on the table still has not exactly worked out. Still wondering what would have happened with Dortch and Surratt if they came back for another year and put up massive numbers.

We need to all be prepared that despite our setback in Chapel Hill- we’re having the best season in school history thus far and good chance that almost anyone eligible - Hartman, Perry, Roberson, etc. might leave for NFL. Stock won’t be higher. Ironically, Sciba’s stock has fallen since we are kicking so much less but have a feeling he’s gonna have to kick a lot down the stretch.

I think Dortch and Sage thought the same, but if WF can win ACC and stay ranked in top 15-20 at year's end so we could enter next year as a top 15 team with some hype then I think knowing you will get more highlights and national media discussion can go a long way to help bump draft status. And for those that say scouts aren't impacted by media hype then you clearly don't follow the drafting of some of these teams who take hyped players all the time who can't produce @ NFL level. I have to think Sage and Dortch are at least very cautionary tales to all WRs and why not enjoy what could be an incredible final year next year when we come in predicted as a top team (with a big name new D coordinator ;))

Curius if sciba actually has “stock” and where he’s been mentioned as a pro prospect? Seems like if he had a 50+ leg we’d be using it. Absent that, no way he’s an nfl kicker.

As has been discussed, our offense is rarely in a position to kick 50 yarders like 4th and 5+ from the 35 yard line.

Roberson is in his 5th year and turns 24 next July - I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he returns

They all come back next year their stock is even higher. Green and Hartman will be back. Roberson is a maybe. We don’t win the ACC he might come back to help get it

I think Hartman and Perry are back. Roberson seems like he's probably gone and it's hard to blame him with Greene coming back. That being said WR's leaving with eligibility on the table still has not exactly worked out. Still wondering what would have happened with Dortch and Surratt if they came back for another year and put up massive numbers.

Roberson is a slot and Greene plays on the outside. Doubt Greene coming back influences Roberson one way or the other.

I’d love to have Roberson back but I’m also excited to see Morin in the slot or Williams full time.

Back