• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sequoia - Kings Canyon National Park Recommendations

DeacOnCapeCod

Reaction score
Wife and I are heading out that way in a few months. Any recommendations on places to stay, things to do?

DeacOnCapeCod (now fletcher, nc)

there's a cool lodge up there if you can get a room, otherwise it's shitty motels at the base of the southern entrance. link

my dad and I stayed there for a few days last year on a drive through. decent little restaurant and nice proximity to Sequoia (but not super convenient for Kings Canyon).

eta. I guess it depends heavily on when you're going but we went off season and nothing was open. Sounds like you'll be going in season so it might be easier to find food.

How much hiking, I did 11 days there last year. lots of fires.

Well, it looks like we are changing our plans, and will be flying into Vegas (work related conference). Anyone recommend any good day trips from there?

We were there last year and loved it. We camped. The lakes hike via the watchtower is awesome. An amazing place.

We followed a bear around for about 30 minutes at Crescent Meadow Trail in Sequoia.

Well, it looks like we are changing our plans, and will be flying into Vegas (work related conference). Anyone recommend any good day trips from there?
Might be a bit too far (2.5 hours) for a true day trip, but I would make every effort to hit Zion National Park.

Thx. My wife worked at arches and lived in Utah. I have the chance to fly to Vegas and we are looking for trips from there. She is torn to go back to places she's been (zion Bryce canyon ) or go somewhere new. Sequoia looks nice but not sure if enough places will be open .

Back