• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serious Question

No one's forcing you to curse. And I'm sure nothing will be typed here that you haven't heard/read before.

Not so sure about that...Moon/zzzz has continued to surprise me with his warped mind and his ability to post some really weird shit!:werd:

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

HTC-hero200-Y.jpg

I'd rather see the word than a bunch of ******. I think it gets your point across with more emphasis!

First, I hate division. That is sad; but, it beyond me.

My question is: why is it supposed that cussing and vulgarity makes a better board?

Honestly, it almost sounds like teen-age boys getting away from their parents so that they can try out all the vulgar expressions they know and perhaps learn some more.

Offensive language adds nothing to the communication of useful information or to the establishment of good relations.

I recognize that these comments will be unwelcome by many, perhaps most. IMO, the new board will be much more inviting and substantive without the bad language.

Fuck you!

i actually prefer when swearing was censored, either by scout/OGBboards and/or self-censoring. :shrug

And fuck you too!!

:wiggle:

:willynilly:

mebane, there are now multiple places where Wake fans are posting about Wake athletics. You can post on the other one if this forum offends you. Thankfully, we now have a choice.

This. Not sure how it's a bad thing for Wake fans to have multiple forums and outlets to talk Wake sports and that those choices accompany varying levels of discretion, restrictions, and membership. It's not like this board was started because there was a huge demand among Wake fans to use profanity in their posts. Rather, the ability to say fuck or shit is just a side effect of having an alternative place to talk Wake sports that is not affiliated with either (1) a major sports content network (Fox) or (2) the Wake Forest athletic department.

First, I hate division. That is sad; but, it beyond me.

My question is: why is it supposed that cussing and vulgarity makes a better board?

Honestly, it almost sounds like teen-age boys getting away from their parents so that they can try out all the vulgar expressions they know and perhaps learn some more.

Offensive language adds nothing to the communication of useful information or to the establishment of good relations.

I recognize that these comments will be unwelcome by many, perhaps most. IMO, the new board will be much more inviting and substantive without the bad language.

Mebane, I get your point. I am ok with folks having an open forum, but I also find the vulgarity childish. However, once the novelty wears off, I expect most of the cussing will be reserved for deserving comments about our basketball program.

It's new and everybody is trying to behave better and waiting to see what happens. I don't think that the behavior here has much to do with cursing, or not cursing.

Its amazing how people get up in arms about cuss words, but have no problem with violence and sex that gets portrayed in the media. If you, an adult, can not handle reading some curse words, I'm not sure the ones who are cussing are being childish. Vulgarity is not a problem when used in the right setting and not directed at someone in a personal attack.

And lol at someone being worried that a poster might get in trouble at work because of some cusswords on the board. I'd guess the boss is going to have a bigger problem with them wasting time on here than reading cusswords.

Have a happy fucking day.

Either way, the optional profanity censor is currently active with some words in the database, but it certainly isn't a comprehensive list. I'll make an announcement about it when I have the list more or less finished.

I agree with Captain on this. Doesn't really make a difference to me to read the ****. Plus, I had fun on the other boards trying to guess what people wrote, and writing words with strange number of *s to see if people could figure out what I said.

I think that the cursing is fine, but some people enjoy it like 13-year-olds, which is dumb. I started on this board the same way, but the novelty wore off and I've decided that I won't cuss on here anymore.

I certainly think that profanity in thread titles should be censored by the mods for the sake of those who may not want to get buried in creative profanity.

Its amazing how people get up in arms about cuss words, but have no problem with violence and sex that gets portrayed in the media. If you, an adult, can not handle reading some curse words, I'm not sure the ones who are cussing are being childish. Vulgarity is not a problem when used in the right setting and not directed at someone in a personal attack.

And lol at someone being worried that a poster might get in trouble at work because of some cusswords on the board. I'd guess the boss is going to have a bigger problem with them wasting time on here than reading cusswords.

Personally, I am against violence and sex on this board.

Either way, the optional profanity censor is currently active with some words in the database, but it certainly isn't a comprehensive list. I'll make an announcement about it when I have the list more or less finished.

Do you want someone to start a thread asking for suggestions for your list?

What in the world makes you think I am OK with sex and violence in the media?

Well, apparently ogboards is now a cuss word on Deacon Sports.

Back