• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seth Yetter, WF Alumnus passes

94Deac

Grouchy SOB
Reaction score
I received this from a local friend and wanted to post in case anyone here knew this young man. There are about 15 WF alumni living in the town I'm in so while I didn't know him, I recognized the name.

On Saturday Dec. 10, 2011, 25-year-old Seth Warren Yetter died unexpectedly in his home in Greenwich Village, New York.

Seth then went on to attend Wake Forest University where he was a division one track athlete high jumper, president of the entrepreneurship society and received his bachelors degree in Economics

I'm actually surprised that this hadn't been posted earlier. Seth lived a floor above me freshman year, and I know there are some people on the boards who were close with him. I didn't know him all that well, but he seemed like a nice and sharp guy. RIP.

Damn. A month younger than me. Stuff like this scares this shit out of me.

I'm actually surprised that this hadn't been posted earlier.

I didn't want to seem ghoulish or anything; I just know that after people graduate, sometimes you lose track/touch. He seemed like a particularly outgoing guy so I figured there were those here who knew him. Just as a being a small community is one of the things that makes Wake great, it seems Seth was the kind of guy who makes you proud to be a WF alumnus.

What was the cause of death? Seems like he must have been in good shape physically given he was a D1 athlete.

What was the cause of death? Seems like he must have been in good shape physically given he was a D1 athlete.

two people i know that died very unexpectedly at a young age were both collegiate athletes. one was a runner, the other a swimmer. the swimmer especially was exceptionally talented. being in good shape doesn't help when you've got a heart defect (not sure what the deal was in this case, but that was the case with the swimming friend).

Not a whole lot seems to be known (or is being said) about what happened. Didn't know Seth particularly well but being in the same class had a bunch of mutual friends, some of whom were very close with him. Just awful all the way around.

Very sad. Didn't know him personally but knew people who did.

He was a teammate of mine in college and was actually my training partner his freshman/my senior year. He was a genuinely good guy. I was in complete shock when I heard the awful news. It is certainly a huge loss for the Wake Forest family. 25 is just way too young...

He was a really genuinely kind guy. Like SLfor3, he was a teammate. rest in peace, buddy.

two people i know that died very unexpectedly at a young age were both collegiate athletes. one was a runner, the other a swimmer. the swimmer especially was exceptionally talented. being in good shape doesn't help when you've got a heart defect (not sure what the deal was in this case, but that was the case with the swimming friend).

I believe it was a heart attack/defect of some sort.

Back