• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA! - LET'S BE POSITIVE. WE'RE STILL ALIVE!

if Shaka was considering Wake it would make sense that he would touch base with Skeen to get his perspective

more would than currently do

My point is that our big dogs that could cover that jump in salary have remained pretty loyal. I doubt they are holding back that kind of coin. I could be wrong, but assuming we just need to raise $500K, that's 10 new Moricle Members, or 4,000 new general members to the DC. That would be about double what we have.

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA!

if Shaka was considering Wake it would make sense that he would touch base with Skeen to get his perspective

Wouldn't he already have it?
Basically meaning I'm not sure Skeen's take would be all that meaningful.
1. He was unhappy enough here to transfer, and Shaka knows it.
2. Skeen's time here may as well have been a thousand years ago as far as what's changed in the basketball program. Shaka knows that too.

Last edited:
At least $5 million of donations would flow in within 1 month of Shaka's introductory press conference. Pay. That. Man. Now.

If this is true, the only play for Wellman is to literally call up our big donors one by one and hunt for a McCreary-esque donation.

rj is not the friend I was talking about (I think he hates me) and Skeen is not the player.

Please don't kill me for this but I just got some info and I am not sure if I trust it but thought I would share. This comes from a friend who is good friends with a former VCU player that is close to Smart. I know that is a long game of telephone so take it for what it is worth (probably not much).

Marquette has an offer for 3.5...Smart is waiting to see if Wake matches. If they do he goes to Wake, if not he goes to Marquette.

Again, please don't kill me, just passing on my 3rd hand info.

Yeah, I'm sure Shaka has been sharing his exact job offer details and thought process on a gmail thread with his former players.

not so fast my friend

would be interesting to be a fly on the wall for behind the scene negotiations

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA!

If this is true, the only play for Wellman is to literally call up our big donors one by one and hunt for a McCreary-esque donation.

It's possible, but it would not be easy by any stretch.

I have a hard time buying this when it came out that Howland was asking too much for Marquette's blood. You're telling me Howland asking for a top 5 salary?

Even if it's true, I think we could steer him away from Marquette for something less than 3.5, though it would take Wellman having some big brass balls to try it, seeing as his legacy's basically on the line.

I have a hard time buying this when it came out that Howland was asking too much for Marquette's blood. You're telling me Howland asking for a top 5 salary?

lol... yeah howland doesn't get off the couch for less than $4mm!

with his legacy on the line I would bet Wellman is going into this search with money being no object

again...don't freak out. Not only is it 3rd hand but I have a hard time believing that Smart would tell a former player this. That being said, this guy has given be good information in the past.

So your source is Jamie Skeen?

with his legacy on the line I would bet Wellman is going into this search with money being no object

Don't forget we have to pay Bzz for one more year....our pockets aren't bottomless.

I think $ for Shaka is not the issue. That's what makes him different.

You are an idiot.

BC Interruption ‏@bcinterruption 19m
Sources: Shaka Smart has agreed to become the next coach at Marquette and Wake Forest and has also been named Wisconsin's coach-in-waiting.

Does he have to play a home-and-home against himself?

With the increases in TV money we are getting and increased profits that would come with Shaka, it's absolutely worth it. I just hope the admin is willing to pull the trigger.

Back