• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA! - LET'S BE POSITIVE. WE'RE STILL ALIVE!

The biggest VCU fan I know, and I am a VCU grad posted this on his facebook 20 minutes ago.

Today a VCU fan created a fake Marquette Athletic Department Twitter account and sent a wave of misinformation around the nation. A local Milwaukee TV station went live with Breaking News that Shaka Smart was the hired as the head coach of Marquette University. Marquette fans went wild with speculation that went from anticipation to excitement to jubilation to confusion.
Over the last four years VCU fans have endured "Shaka Watch" so today someone decided to troll the speculators and they fooled everyone.
Well done! HaHa!
Like · · Share

Pretty sad if we lost Shaka to a school in the Big Least that has no President and no AD.

This is really the most amazing thing. Unless the $ is so big that it's an offer he can't refuse, how can a coach accept a job at a school that hasn't hired his boss or the boss of his boss yet. The only thing I can come up with is that part of the deal is that he gets final approval of the AD, which doesn't make sense because that could reduce the pool of presidential candidates.

However, I'm sure the irony of what you said has been mentioned elsewhere and how fitting it would be.

The biggest VCU fan I know, and I am a VCU grad posted this on his facebook 20 minutes ago.

Today a VCU fan created a fake Marquette Athletic Department Twitter account and sent a wave of misinformation around the nation. A local Milwaukee TV station went live with Breaking News that Shaka Smart was the hired as the head coach of Marquette University. Marquette fans went wild with speculation that went from anticipation to excitement to jubilation to confusion.
Over the last four years VCU fans have endured "Shaka Watch" so today someone decided to troll the speculators and they fooled everyone.
Well done! HaHa!
Like · · Share

Whaaaaat?

Well done! HaHa!
Like · · Share

It has that feel of trolling. Otherwise a lot more would be reporting on it.

This is really the most amazing thing. Unless the $ is so big that it's an offer he can't refuse, how can a coach accept a job at a school that hasn't hired his boss or the boss of his boss yet. The only thing I can come up with is that part of the deal is that he gets final approval of the AD, which doesn't make sense because that could reduce the pool of presidential candidates.

However, I'm sure the irony of what you said has been mentioned elsewhere and how fitting it would be.

There are some rumors from people I know working there that the President search is all but wrapped up. Don't know how much I really believe that, but the thought is out there.

Also, Jesuit searches pull from a much smaller candidate pool. I can't imagine they are suddenly going to hire a non-priest now.

We know who is real and they are pretty damn reliable but everyone still goes crazy when @anustarts69 reports Gregg Marshall was seen receiving a handjob from Ron Wellman.

EASY PEASY

JOEL HOLDS 14,500 people
Approximately 2/3 of those people buy a soda during the game
That means 9,715 buy sodas every game
Raise soda prices $5 each
20 home games * 9,715 * $5 = $971,500

I just found a MILLI, now RW, you do the rest!

I nearly failed Econ at Wake, but I'm pretty sure there's a serious supply/demand flaw in your calculations there.

Back