• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA! - LET'S BE POSITIVE. WE'RE STILL ALIVE!

Dude is from Wisconsin and like it or not, Marquette has won a natty and has been to a final four and a final 8 since 2000. Probably has little to do with Wellman.

Being a Wake fan is tough. You always have a little hope that something big will happen, but deep down you know that nothing will. We should be given freaking medals.

Dude is from Wisconsin and like it or not, Marquette has won a natty and has been to a final four and a final 8 since 2000. Probably has little to do with Wellman.

Maybe not but Wellman just has not done a god damn thing to better our flag ship program since Skip passed. He is a complete and utter disaster and I don't care what anyone says, he has tarnished Wake's basketball reputation with the Dino firing off of a 2nd round appearance and then hiring him with that shit bag [Redacted].

LOL if our President and AD lose Smart to a school with no President and no AD. That would just be perfect. The most Hatch and Wellman thing ever.

Maybe not but Wellman just has not done a god damn thing to better our flag ship program since Skip passed. He is a complete and utter disaster and I don't care what anyone says, he has tarnished Wake's basketball reputation with the Dino firing off of a 2nd round appearance and then hiring him with that shit bag [Redacted].

It's a big hire, but if Smart is getting anywhere near 3.5 million its a gamble.

Everybody was just talking about Marquette kicking our ass when we played. Seemed like nobody remembers us beating them.

I literally don't.
Not doubting you, I just have no recollection. I assume it was CP's freshman year? Or was it the year before we went there?

One -cbs/espn/ no body is confirming this. All as o Wellman might not be the problem on this hire. Big names have been floating around,unlike before. Howland,Smart,or Marshall would be A+ hires. Amaker,Mack,or Miller would all be A or B+ hires. BUZZ was a n epic failure from day 1. I think in a day or 2 most of us will feel really good about our future.

Guys, I know what happened...The Marquette AD has been talking to Shocka Smarte, Manti Te'o's girlfriend's best friend. They can't find him to actually sign the deal. All will be revealed tomorrow...

One -cbs/espn/ no body is confirming this. All as o Wellman might not be the problem on this hire. Big names have been floating around,unlike before. Howland,Smart,or Marshall would be A+ hires. Amaker,Mack,or Miller would all be A or B+ hires. BUZZ was a n epic failure from day 1. I think in a day or 2 most of us will feel really good about our future.

I think Miller is a B+ hire. I feel Mack would be a B hire. I want a guy that can come in here and give us a shot to fight with the top tier programs occasionally. I feel like with Mack, we can find ourselves being a consistent middle of the road ACC program and not much more. We can possibly make a run to the sweet 16 but never really content for final 4s. If we could ever get one of those first 3, I feel like we could possibly do that.

I have nothing to base this on, just my personal feeling. Of course I wouldn't be too pissed with Mack as I am just craving for us to have a shot to get back in the NCAA's but I don't want to just be mediocre and be consistent with anywhere from a 7-11 seed.

Shaka had one final four run, and hasn't made it past the 1st weekend.

I don't think the difference is much more than a little perception that could change quickly.

Last edited:
Being a Wake fan is tough. You always have a little hope that something big will happen, but deep down you know that nothing will. We should be given freaking medals.

peanuts-lucy-charlie-brown-football-2.jpg

Shaka had one final four run, and hasn't made it past the 1st weekend.

I don't think the difference is much more than a little perception that could change quickly.

He was fortunate to make the FF that year and has been a bit unlucky to not advance further in other years. That's not why Shaka is a great candidate. He's great because he's turned VCU into a consistently awesome program year after year (and improving every year) based on both his strategy as well as really good recruiting at a school with zero tradition.

Back