• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka

I don't know if Shaka would come here or not. But, the most frustrating thing is knowing that if Wellman opened up his wallet we could get him or Marshall, but that he never will. Sad.

He could like Wake more than UCLA even though UNC is his dream job.

He could also hit a rough patch at VCU waiting for Roy to retire, which I don't think is happening any time soon, and mess up that dream. I think he'll listen. Of course, if he comes to Wake he'll never be at UNC. But he could rebuild Wake and go to UCLA one day. I wish I had his problems.

I don't know if Shaka would come here or not. But, the most frustrating thing is knowing that if Wellman opened up his wallet we could get him or Marshall, but that he never will. Sad.

I'm not sure the big money is going to let Ron call all the shots this go round. We'll see.

It's going to be a huge conversation at UNC when Roy does step down. Lot of sentiment to "keep it in the family" (though no obvious candidate as of today to take the job), but an equal amount of sentiment as far as I can tell to hire the best available coach. I know a lot of UNC fans, and in talking to them, this is THE big decision for UNC in the future.

It's going to be a huge conversation at UNC when Roy does step down. Lot of sentiment to "keep it in the family" (though no obvious candidate as of today to take the job), but an equal amount of sentiment as far as I can tell to hire the best available coach. I know a lot of UNC fans, and in talking to them, this is THE big decision for UNC in the future.

They have that "family" thing going on but there are a lot of UNC fans I know who aren't all on board with what Roy has given them.

Plus it is far from a guarantee that UNC would offer him the job.

Absolutely this. UNC is a top 3 job. Shaka may be in the mix but his FF run will be a distant memory by the time Roy calls it quits. They will have their choice of coaches.

Keep smoking that good shit.

They have that "family" thing going on but there are a lot of UNC fans I know who aren't all on board with what Roy has given them.

Plus, who is in the UNC family and anywhere close to ready enough for that job?

The word is Hubert Davis, but UNC is really hindering itself if it won't look outside the alumni base.

But even if they do, they will look higher profile than Shaka Smart unless he accomplishes much more than he has now.

Keep smoking that good shit.

I'm confused. Are you saying there IS currently an obvious inside-the-UNC-family coach to take that job? If so, who? Or are you just encouraging me to keep on keeping on? If it's the latter, bro, word.

Back