• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shallots

KennyRogersRoast

Reaction score
I love shallots and always have some on hand. I have gotten the impression, however, that they are not a wildly popular item in the grocery store, which is surprising. Who else is a shallot lover and what is your favorite way to use them?

I couldn't do a proper vinaigrette without them. I frickin' love them. Any sauce or fish dish that needs a subtle flavor - gotta go with them.

I'm also a huge shallot fan. I use them a lot in cooking. One of my favorites is pork tenderloin with parsley shallot sauce. Also use them when cooking risotto or fish

geneshalit.jpg

Huge fan of shallots. Use them all the time. One really simple thing we do is make a simple salad with tomato, shallot, blue cheese and balsamic vinegar, and sometimes some fresh basil. Nice and refreshing.

I use them all the time. They're subtle and sweet with a sublime flavor. Hell, I even cut them fine as a salad topping.

I love using them in my from-scratch clam chowder. Any kind of compound butter is massively enhanced by shallots. Shallot, garlic, lime, tarragon butter goes great with almost any grilled item.

Back