• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shameless

truifh0

Reaction score
This show deserves its own thread. So awesome.

One of the few remakes where I like the American version more. The original English one is great, but William H Macy is amazing and Emmy Rossum is way cuter than her English counterpart. Haven't started watching the new season yet, but I'm interested if they continue the original storyline or mix it up.

lots of gratuitous sex in the first episode of the second season.

I like the show, but I'm afraid this season is going to follow the same path as the first -- awesome early with a good mix of good plotlines and humor, but then getting more and more into mushy stuff. And you know that's going to happen again with homeboy coming back pretty soon.

Loved the first season. I have never been so pumped after watching a pilot episode...i was telling everyone to get on board. Emmy rossum is so hot.

Loved the first season. I have never been so pumped after watching a pilot episode...i was telling everyone to get on board. Emmy rossum is so hot.

She's such a babe.

Can you DVR all the new ones so I can watch them when I come down to Chucktown in a month or so?

Don't have Showtime, but just finished Season 1 of the British original. Pretty good stuff, though I believe the USA version would be more relatable (admittedly, not that much more so). The accents are also pretty heavy (purposefully I am sure).

Two questions about the American version:

1) Where is it set? ETA: Wikipedia tells me Chicago, would have been my first guess.

2) Are the story-lines the same or just the premise?

Last edited:
Watched the first couple of episodes over the weekend. I'm a sucker for anything that takes place in Chicago. I was in the area for work and decided to check out the house where the Galaghers live. It's a really unassuming part of town, but there was a limo parked out front with several parking tickets and a boot. Also, Macy is way overacting. Much prefer the scenes without him. But maybe it'll end up like Devito on Always Sunny. I couldn't stand him at first.

during season one frank would do terrible things but for the most part it was like they were trying to use him as comic relief. it did not really work for me and i thought he was the worst part. season two? holy s. not sure what they are attempting but they have just made him a terrible terrible terrible human being. he needs to od and leave the show. the rest of the characters are so much better.

during season one frank would do terrible things but for the most part it was like they were trying to use him as comic relief. it did not really work for me and i thought he was the worst part. season two? holy s. not sure what they are attempting but they have just made him a terrible terrible terrible human being. he needs to od and leave the show. the rest of the characters are so much better.

for me it's like...hes scum but you can't help but to not hate him. I think he plays differently on different people's emotions. I hated him the most when he showed up for Karen's parent/teacher thing but not his own kids...low.

This episode made me feel dirty. And that's saying something considering some of the shit that Frank has pulled before on this show. But holy crap.

for me it's like...hes scum but you can't help but to not hate him. I think he plays differently on different people's emotions. I hated him the most when he showed up for Karen's parent/teacher thing but not his own kids...low.

to me that was "frank is so terrible but it is so bad it's comedy. sort of." what he did to butter face... i began to cringe the moment he

"picked up the beeper. that was beyond low and makes you hate him. no redeeming qualities. however, his speech about not allowing her to be forgotten was the kind of thing the writers do to make you see some of his... likeability"

allan sepinwall said he interviewed one of the creators and they thought the thing i put in spoilers worked as "that's low frank. and humor. just made him more unlikable to me.

Last edited:
Back