• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shark Week!

bernbp5

Reaction score
Watching Great White Invasion now. Great White sharks are amazing. It will be scary if they are coming closer to human contact. Supposedly there have been 54 great white attacks in California in the first decade of this century, where there were only like 120 total last century.

The way they dissected that shark and cut open the stomach to reveal our boi Flounder in his belly (still whole) was disturbing to say the least.

Now doing Cape Cod. Seem to be focusing on sharks interacting with humans this year. No science yet. I thought the series used to focus on preserving sharks and getting rid of the stigma and misconceptions.

Now doing Cape Cod. Seem to be focusing on sharks interacting with humans this year. No science yet. I thought the series used to focus on preserving sharks and getting rid of the stigma and misconceptions.

This island near Boston is straight deserted. I didn't know there were any barrier-esque islands up there.

How many times have they done the magnet thing, that seems obvious by now. The gill nets were interesting, how 50% of sharks are caught on the inside of the nets. We do need a better way than nets, that new idea of baiting them was interesting. If the sharks come that shallow, they are coming for food, so an early warning system of bait could work.

Discovery-headquarters-550x412.jpg

Shark week day 2 in less than 10 minutes.

Back