• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 7: Answers due Friday at 12

can someone explain to me the Gordon Ramsay answer?

I don’t watch many cooking shows
His cooking shows are on network TV. Just looked it up and Hell's Kitchen premiered on Fox in 2005. One of his shows premiered after the Super Bowl this year. I don't watch them but he's definitely more popular than the Food Network chefs like Bobby Flay.

OK...Here you go.. inside the mind of WCD:

1. Number of sick days you take in a year- 0- Who takes sick days? It's a world of unlimited PTO and work from home.
2. Number of books you read in a year- 10- GOT IT
3. A Russian author- Dostoevsky- i almost went with Tolstoy.
4. A celebrity chef- Wolfgang Puck- I couldn't come up with any...
5. An energy drink- Monster- one of the top market share in energy drinks...
6. A middle eastern country- Israel- this should be the right answer
7. Headache medicine (brand name)- Advil- NAILED IT
8. A game played in gym class- Kickball- hasn't dodgeball been banned in many schools?
9. Best Indiana Jones movie- Raiders of the Lost Ark- THE OBVIOUS ANSWER
10. A mountain range- Rockies- NAILED IT
11. Word that rhymes with “whip”- Hip Meh
12. Cool _______ Breeze. I suck at this game

Number 5 I think is what we should hone in on here:

You acknowledge that you should be looking at market share for answers like this but then you picked "one of the top market share" instead of Red Bull which has the top market share in the US and also has recognition beyond the energy drink world (F1, soccer, advertising "red bull gives you WIIIINGS").

Dodgeball was just like...the obvious answer not sure what to parse there lol.

Number 5 I think is what we should hone in on here:

You acknowledge that you should be looking at market share for answers like this but then you picked "one of the top market share" instead of Red Bull which has the top market share in the US and also has recognition beyond the energy drink world (F1, soccer, advertising "red bull gives you WIIIINGS").

Dodgeball was just like...the obvious answer not sure what to parse there lol.
i probably should have looked up to see who was Number 1. I thought Monster was....

Dodgeball...yeah...

Gordon Ramsey is literally everywhere and has a dozen tv shows, but I guess if you actually haven’t watched television in a decade you might not be familiar with him? It’s not exactly Ice Spice, dude has been a mega celebrity for 10-20 years.

I spent a lot of time on the celebrity chef question.

First thought was Emeril. BAM. The OG celebrity chef. Then thought Guy Fieri. Internet meme. Multiple shows. Commercial ventures.

Googled “celebrity chefs”. That brought Bobby Flay and Gordon Ramsay into the discussion. Figured Ramsay has been most famous for the longest and is an internet presence.

Also briefly considered Bourdain.

I spent a lot of time on the celebrity chef question.

First thought was Emeril. BAM. The OG celebrity chef. Then thought Guy Fieri. Internet meme. Multiple shows. Commercial ventures.

Googled “celebrity chefs”. That brought Bobby Flay and Gordon Ramsay into the discussion. Figured Ramsay has been most famous for the longest and is an internet presence.

Also briefly considered Bourdain.
Yeah I basically only considered Guy, Gordon, and Bourdain.

Guy just wasn't really much of a chef though, figured nobody was gonna vote for a dead guy (also tbh not much of a chef in the grand scheme of things), and Ramsay has been popular as both a chef and major critic/internet personality/meme lord so he was just the obvious choice to me.

Yeah I basically only considered Guy, Gordon, and Bourdain.

Guy just wasn't really much of a chef though, figured nobody was gonna vote for a dead guy (also tbh not much of a chef in the grand scheme of things), and Ramsay has been popular as both a chef and major critic/internet personality/meme lord so he was just the obvious choice to me.
TSK FUCKING TSK

Back